• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi

LikeMars

Hi,
I'm a 29 year old male, and i have Asperger's syndrome. I was diagnosed a few years ago, well into my 20's. There were always signs i wasn't a 'normal' kid-- poor co-ordination, bright but poorly focused, obsessive interests, compulsive physical behaviors such as hand washing and blinking-- but my parents and teachers, like a lot of people, never really knew about Aspergers. It wasn't until my uncle dated someone who's young son had it, that i realised there were similarities, read up about it, then went to get myself diagnosed.

I came looking for this forum, and signed up because life has just felt so hard lately. I'm originally from England, but moved to Canada about a year ago with my spouse. Between my shyness and my inability to 'fit in', I've found it almost impossible to make friends. I mean literally, i have no friends. I've managed to talk to a few people, but found them extremely judgmental and conformist. I've been shunned before for being 'weird' or 'intense' because there's very little filter between my feelings/thoughts and what comes out of my mouth.

Over the last few months it's started to get me down. I'm married, but i still feel lonely. I figured joining the forum might give me the chance to interact with other people and maybe even make friends who don't judge me.

Sorry if I sound a bit down: I'm not normally this miserable, usually i'm ok, just having a bad day.

I'll leave it there for now i guess.

Hello and welcome to community :D People here are very friendly and supportive :)

I'm sorry to hear that you're down and having a bad day :/ I hope you have a better day tomorrow or soon at least.

Hello and Welcome,
You are among friends here. Many of us share what you are going through. The bad times must come, as must the night. It helps us keep our perspective and appreciate the good times and the good things we do have. You know the sun will be up again tomorrow, so hang in there and share whatever you like. This is a good and safe place.
Nice meeting you sir.

Welcome :)

Don't worry, this forum has a lot of friendly, and supportive, members. Many of them consider this place a safe haven. It's a great place to go when you just need to talk to someone; anyone. I hope you come to feel right at home here.

Welcome to AC LikeMars!
Don't worry, we aren't here to judge people or be judged, we all have things in common. One of them is being 'different' because what is normal?
I'm sure you will be able to make friends here, so don't worry about that.

I hope tomorrow will be better for you. ;)

Thank you all so much for the friendly welcome. And I'm feeling much better today, in part because of this forum and you fine folks :)

Hello and welcome. We all have bad day. I find that if I focus on my hobby or interest I don't experience loneliness or boredom like most people. When I did experience these things it was generally when I was in a relationship.

New Threads

Top Bottom