• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi!

Zac

Hi there!
I'm Zachary. I just recently learned that I'm on the spectrum. I was diagnosed with ADD when I was a child and that has always been my #1 diagnosis that was used to explain everything I did. Well looks like that was wrong (at least to some degree).
I just moved out from my abusive home a while ago and everything is still new and weird to me. I've done some research about autism but that's only been reading, not actually interacting with others, so I'm going to try that here and start to understand things (and myself).
I also have OCD and a few other issues in the mental illness/disorders realm.

I've never been good at making friends but who knows, maybe it'll work online :)

Welcome Zac! There are Aspies here that know a lot and are good to visit with. Keep learning and enjoy the forum.

Hey Zac!
Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life. Don't let people tell you that you have an illness. Don't Own That Crap! It is just because we do not act like most everyone else that they like to tell us we are sick. That is a bunch of garbage. We just act different. Thank God some of us do. Who would have stood up and decided that we should have rights, or should no longer be slaves? It is people like us that are special, and change the world. Most people that have, were likely "Mentally Ill" as we are called. In fact, many of them were classified as that or worse, until they were proven right.
You just work on recognizing how you interact with others, and things you can do to help be more successful at getting what you want, and you will be on a good path.
Good Luck my friend.

Hi Zac! Welcome to Aspies Central. You will definitely find lots of great information on here as well as links to really useful resources. The forum members on here are also quite friendly and willing to help you answer any questions you might have. Lots of us are friends with one another too, so I can guarantee that you will make at least one friend on here. Feel free to post any questions, concerns, or insights you might have. Hope you enjoy all we have to offer here. Also, good luck with everything.

New Threads

Top Bottom