• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi

TheAgnosticOne

Hello, you can just call me Agno for short, I Self-Diagnosed my Aspergers quite some time ago, although it is mild and so I think it will be difficult to diagnose even though the diagnosis seems more evidently obvious to me all the time. I have social phobia really bad because social situations just never seem to go the right way. I would like to know more people and make friends and such but seems on the verge of impossible. Perhaps online will do for now.

I study Physics mostly and have just read 'A Universe From Nothing' By Lawrence M. Krauss. If you have read any good books on physics or have any physics interests of your own please tell me about them.

Hello, you can just call me Agno for short, I Self-Diagnosed my Aspergers quite some time ago, although it is mild and so I think it will be difficult to diagnose even though the diagnosis seems more evidently obvious to me all the time. I have social phobia really bad because social situations just never seem to go the right way. I would like to know more people and make friends and such but seems on the verge of impossible. Perhaps online will do for now.

I study Physics mostly and have just read 'A Universe From Nothing' By Lawrence M. Krauss. If you have read any good books on physics or have any physics interests of your own please tell me about them.

I am a physics nut! Of course, not trained/educated in it, but I do like to gobble down books. I'm working on Brian Greene's The Hidden Reality right now. That Krauss book has been on my list! I recently finished Stenger's "Quantum Gods," which I recommend if you're ever in a frustrating conversation with an astrologer or quantum spiritualist. :cool:

I am a physics nut! Of course, not trained/educated in it, but I do like to gobble down books. I'm working on Brian Greene's The Hidden Reality right now. That Krauss book has been on my list! I recently finished Stenger's "Quantum Gods," which I recommend if you're ever in a frustrating conversation with an astrologer or quantum spiritualist. :cool:

Thank you for the book suggestions, I shall add them to my list. I am hoping to get some books for my birthday and christmas because I do prefer to read actual books than to read it on a screen. The book I am working on now is 'The God Delusion' by Richard Dawkins. I am not particularily interested in being in 'is there a god or not' arguments/debates because there is no difinitive answer at this time. However I felt I needed to read Dawkins book on the subject because I very much so enjoy watching his debates on the subject.

I would like to start reading Stephen Hawkings books as well, to get a better look at his mind.

Hi Agno and welcome to AC! :)

try you tubing for "Are we real?". A great tv documentary about the possibility we are actually in a.... hang on, that'd be ruining it! Well worth a watch!

;)

Awwww, you've spoiled the end! ;)

Well, there is a strong pointer in the energy levels of fundamental particles. There's a sharp drop-off point right where you'd expect there to be if there was a "smallest unit" of energy quantified by a simulation. I think it's something equivalent to a pixel size on a screen. Energy isn't an infinite smooth curve. It hints at a quantified grid upon which everything else "hangs".

of course, whilst it looks compelling for computer buffs to go "Aha!" I think it could equally point to the underlying fabric of reality over which our universe is splattered - assuming you adopt the multiverse theory of things (which I love, by the way!) :D

I was arguing about multiverse twenty years ago, and I'm glad it's becoming a viable theory. Another high five for aspie intuition!! :D

Actually I've just thought of this analogy.... A speaker plays audio, and if you analyse audio closely enough, you would ultimately see the fabric of the speaker being projected onto the waveforms. Speaker material can be woven, cross woven etc. That pattern would show up on the soundwaves if you looked carefully enough. I suppose you'd even find the energy bands which are absorbed by the speaker material! Still, audio waves have to be formed from something, so we need speaker cones! Energy in the universe has to be bonded to something, so why not have it reflect what it's bonded to?

Oh, I can waffle on endlessly if you want to!! ;)

Last edited:
Well I myself do not see the 'drop off' of energy levels as a sure sign of simulation. It makes sense that energy is quantized and to have it any other way would be awfully messy in my opinion. I have not pondered the simulation theory much, however It makes sense, at least to me, why engery is quantized.

One photon is the equivalent of one quanta of light.
If you think of the photon in terms of waves...
One photon wave is the equivalent of one quanta of light.

Light arrouses my interest greatly, and I very much so look forward to University Physics classes to gain a better understanding of electromagnetism. Along with the other forces of course, but at the current time my interest is greatest for that force.

I like the point of your analogy. "Energy in the universe has to be bonded to something, so why not have it reflect what it's bonded to"

This makes sense to me in some way. A specific electron in orbit around a nucleus of protons (and perhaps neutrons) emits a specific wavelength of light based on the energy level it occupies in the atom. In this way you can say that that photon (energy) is a reflection of the electron (matter), not only a reflection of the particle itself, but of the orrientation of the particle within a atom. That reflection information is transferred to a particle that is identical.

Yeah, well they like to say 'Observer' but I do not think the results of quantum experiments change because of us being aware of something such as which hole it goes through. The experiment is changed when something is Measured (which is a requirement for observing quantum events so it is understandable how the two get mixed up). Measuring requires the absorbtion of photons which changes the end result because of how easily it is to affect quantum events like the motion of an electron.

Thank you Sally

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom