• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi there

Amnda

hey everyone!
My name is Amanda, I am 25 years old and I was diagnosed with Aspergers (High functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder) about a year ago.

I am looking forward to meeting others who were diagnosed in their twenties, those who are married with Aspergers and those working in customer service.

Right now I am listening to Sufjan Stevens - Casimir Pulaski Day, and hopefully will be reading How To Tell Teledo From The Night Sky (it's on hold at the library).

Respond with a song and book you are into lately! <3

Hello, You are among friends here, I am not in my twenties, but many of us share the same experiences.
Welcome

The new Morrissey record and I've been reading The Children of Hurin. Also diagnosed in my early twenties. I'm currently 22. Welcome. :)

I'm 35, diagnosed in March of this year, and married (with kids) :) Not in my twenties obviously, but often feel like I am :S

Right now I'm loving the Iron and Wine album Ghost on Ghost, and reading all the Sherlock Holmes books. When I'm done with those I'm starting on some philosophy books I've been recommended by the lovely members of this site :)

Welcome :)

Welcome to AC! And as for your criteria, funny you should mention it, but:

Diagnosed in twenties - Not formally (no insurance), but I'm in my mid-twenties and just learning about this.

Married with Aspergers - Yup, married to a non-Aspie (who, fortunately, holds a psychology degree, so there's already a base understanding of this type of thing)

Work in customer service - I work in food service, which requires constant happy-face-time with customers.

Hope you enjoy it here. :)

As for the other bit, I'm re-reading "The Warriors"by Sol Yurick (the book on which the 1979 movie "The Warriors" is based on, which I watch at least once a year - one of my all-time favourites).I don't have any particular songs that I like right now, but lately I constantly catch myself singing "Reindeer are better than people" from "Frozen".

I'm 35, diagnosed in March of this year, and married (with kids) :) Not in my twenties obviously, but often feel like I am :S

Right now I'm loving the Iron and Wine album Ghost on Ghost, and reading all the Sherlock Holmes books. When I'm done with those I'm starting on some philosophy books I've been recommended by the lovely members of this site :)

I did hear that 30s are the new 20s :). I'd like to read the Sherlock Holmes books in the somewhat near future. I have so many books I want to read and so little time.

Welcome to AC! And as for your criteria, funny you should mention it, but:

Diagnosed in twenties - Not formally (no insurance), but I'm in my mid-twenties and just learning about this.

Married with Aspergers - Yup, married to a non-Aspie (who, fortunately, holds a psychology degree, so there's already a base understanding of this type of thing)

Work in customer service - I work in food service, which requires constant happy-face-time with customers.

Hope you enjoy it here. :)

As for the other bit, I'm re-reading "The Warriors"by Sol Yurick (the book on which the 1979 movie "The Warriors" is based on, which I watch at least once a year - one of my all-time favourites).I don't have any particular songs that I like right now, but lately I constantly catch myself singing "Reindeer are better than people" from "Frozen".

Interesting! Looks like we have a lot in comming, along with enjoying the movie The Warriors, AND Frozen.

Well, I'm almost twenty-five (holy crap, it's coming in three months!) and I was diagnosed about three years ago. So you're definitely not alone. Welcome! :)

Interesting! Looks like we have a lot in comming, along with enjoying the movie The Warriors, AND Frozen.
I really didn't expect to enjoy Frozen, but I did. xD One of my favourites.

And as for "The Warriors", SUCH a class film. Love it! I watch it every September (not sure why September - probably just to add a bit of colour to an otherwise drab month). Looking forward to seeing it in two months. :D I've seen it a million times, but it never gets old.

Hey, I was also diagnosed recently at 26 (with social [pragmatic] communication disorder [SCD], which they explained to me as a new DSM V category that encompasses those who would be 'over-pathologized' by the ASD label). Customer service has gotta be rough for someone on the spectrum! But who am I to talk? I teach middle schoolers. :eek:

I like Sufjan Stevens too, but I was listening to "Lumpy Dough" by Fight Like Apes. I put aside Crime and Punishment during a recent stressful experience and am reading teaching books to prepare for the new school year--currently Fred Jones' Tools for Teaching. Should probably pick C&P back up before I forget what's happening.

Anyway, welcome!

Hello and Welcome!! :)

I like no book or song in particular, but I do enjoy murder mysteries and adventure books. Tour books... well, let's just say I end up memorizing complete chapters word-for-word. As for songs, lately I've gotten into rap music and EDM, I like Fancy by Iggy Azalea and Wake Me Up by Avicii.

I myself am only self-diagnosed, but discovered myself in my late twenties. I used to work in customer service, which took a fair amount of time to get used to, but I got there in the end (though truth be told, not really a fan of it).

If you're still relatively new to AS, I recommend taking a look at our recommended readings, for books to AS: Resources | AspiesCentral.com

I especially recommend this book to women with AS (as it's quite a good read):
Aspergirls: Empowering Females With Asperger Syndrome | AspiesCentral.com

I have read Aspergirls and I really liked it. Its hard to find good quality books on adults with aspergers. Most of the literature out there is geared towards children.

I have read Aspergirls and I really liked it. Its hard to find good quality books on adults with aspergers. Most of the literature out there is geared towards children.
Very true, though there seems to be a a change coming. Hopefully more will be available in time.

New Threads

Top Bottom