• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi new here

Hi I'm di

Hi Im Di and am new here. I'm undiagnosed but pretty sure I'm an aspie, my daughter also is and I believe other members of the family. Too costly to get tested. My life has been strange, scarey, crazy, unorganized and disturbing to say the least. I always end up alienating myself because of my struggles with low self esteem, trying too hard and coming off wrong and struggling to learn something new that I must adjust to too quickly. I had a high IQ as a child but struggled with mathematics, peer relations and among other issues, processing information slowly. I have a lag and background noise exacerbates it. Communications with peers was a nightmare and still is sometimes though I've learned to be pretty social over time. I also struggle with non-verbal communication. Just plain show me and I'm clueless. Show me while verbally explaining it and I learn much better. I've been made fun of my whole life due to that which I have no control over. I have finally stopped blaming myself for something that is not my fault. Regarding social relations and ques I do okay when I know people well. In the work place or other environments I seem to get along well at first but after a while I wind up somehow making people mad or annoyed with me and alienating myself. I then get paranoid as I am triggered from being severely bullied and misunderstood and considered a failure by my family. I've struggled emotionally and psychologically most of my life and seen many councelors, clergy, been to day programs and hospitalized once for fear which I've always struggled with since childhood. I now have a daughter that is an aspie but is doing okay on fluxatine for anxiety. It's been a struggle being one myself and being a parent to one. Sorry such a long introduction but wanted to introduce myself. Thanks so much. Di

Welcome aboard :)
That is a well written and informative introduction, and I am glad you have joined this community. Best wishes
image.jpg

Hi, I'm in the UK, also not formally diagnosed (though my GP agrees with my observation). Best wishes!

Hi Im Di and am new here. I'm undiagnosed but pretty sure I'm an aspie, my daughter also is and I believe other members of the family. Too costly to get tested. My life has been strange, scarey, crazy, unorganized and disturbing to say the least. I always end up alienating myself because of my struggles with low self esteem, trying too hard and coming off wrong and struggling to learn something new that I must adjust to too quickly. I had a high IQ as a child but struggled with mathematics, peer relations and among other issues, processing information slowly. I have a lag and background noise exacerbates it. Communications with peers was a nightmare and still is sometimes though I've learned to be pretty social over time. I also struggle with non-verbal communication. Just plain show me and I'm clueless. Show me while verbally explaining it and I learn much better. I've been made fun of my whole life due to that which I have no control over. I have finally stopped blaming myself for something that is not my fault. Regarding social relations and ques I do okay when I know people well. In the work place or other environments I seem to get along well at first but after a while I wind up somehow making people mad or annoyed with me and alienating myself. I then get paranoid as I am triggered from being severely bullied and misunderstood and considered a failure by my family. I've struggled emotionally and psychologically most of my life and seen many councelors, clergy, been to day programs and hospitalized once for fear which I've always struggled with since childhood. I now have a daughter that is an aspie but is doing okay on fluxatine for anxiety. It's been a struggle being one myself and being a parent to one. Sorry such a long introduction but wanted to introduce myself. Thanks so much. Di
Hi,
Welcome
On the bright side you have found a website where appreciation of your situation is guaranteed and useful advice available from many knowledgeable people.

New Threads

Top Bottom