• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi I'm Jem,

Welcome :)

I hope you find some help here. We're all friendly and happy to share information and ideas if we can.

My wife and I are always arguing, perhaps this site will help us both to communicate better.
I don't see how anyone could argue with a cute little puppy like you! I just want to scratch you behind the ears and rub your belly!:D

Ok, ok, ok! I know it's just your profile pic!:rolleyes::p

Anyway, welcome to AC and I hope you find a lot of useful info here!

foreign-language-certification.jpg

My wife and I are always arguing, perhaps this site will help us both to communicate better.

Sounds like you need marriage counseling more than anything. Just bear in mind that less than 1% of aspie people in the world are married. So finding marriage advice on this site may be hard to come by. Now there are married aspie couples on this site as well as NT's who are married to an aspie spouse. The NT's have an account here asking about how to deal with their aspie spouse. But their spouse never talks on the forum for some reason.

We'll do what we can, but "communicate better" is a very vague phrase, you'll have to be more specific.

I don't mean giving details of what you argue about, or anything personal, but in what way do you find communicating difficult? For example, does one of you take offence and go silent if the other tries to broach a subject? Does one of you always get on the defensive and put the other in the wrong? Does one of you clam up? Is there a subject that's taboo, or you just can't get anywhere when it's brought up? Those sort of things.

Sounds like you need marriage counseling more than anything. Just bear in mind that less than 1% of aspie people in the world are married. So finding marriage advice on this site may be hard to come by. Now there are married aspie couples on this site as well as NT's who are married to an aspie spouse. The NT's have an account here asking about how to deal with their aspie spouse. But their spouse never talks on the forum for some reason.

Thanks but we don't need marriage councelling. We have got through 25 years together SO FAR. Dispite the difficulties there is also alot of love and alot of desire to keep going. But everyone needs a helping hand once in a while!

We'll do what we can, but "communicate better" is a very vague phrase, you'll have to be more specific.

I don't mean giving details of what you argue about, or anything personal, but in what way do you find communicating difficult? For example, does one of you take offence and go silent if the other tries to broach a subject? Does one of you always get on the defensive and put the other in the wrong? Does one of you clam up? Is there a subject that's taboo, or you just can't get anywhere when it's brought up? Those sort of things.
Yes, Yes, Yes, and more besides.

I'd be curious to know if two Aspies married together would have a successful marriage-is their 'language' the same?

New Threads

Top Bottom