• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi, I'm a parent to an Aspie kid - worried about nylon/pantyhose fetish!!

...but as long as he isn't doing anything rapey then just let him be himself. If he makes the choice to try and conform, I say feel free top support that, but not everyone wants to be typical and not everyone can. Above all, no one should have to.
I understand the word usage here, I'm pretty sure, but not everyone will. Further explanation of "...isn't doing anything rapey..." would probably be very helpful here.

Just a suggestion:]

Hello,
I have a 12 year old son who was diagnosed with ASD when he was 3 years old, he's now 12 and his a fantastic kid, his only problem is with GIRLS!!! I have realised that he has a thing for tights (pantyhose).

I think you answered yourself. He's a 12 year old boy. If he wasn't obsessed about girls (or boys) yet he would be soon. Try explaining to him that there's a way to appreciate a women's body that's appropriate and a way that makes them uncomfortable. I think your son is in a perfectly normal stage of male development right now and possibly turning it into something shameful or embarrassing could have negative results.

As far as the obsession with tights. I to used to like to touch nylons as a kid and it didn't harm me, although, I do really enjoy I nice pair of yoga pants on a beautiful woman.

I understand the word usage here, I'm pretty sure, but not everyone will. Further explanation of "...isn't doing anything rapey..." would probably be very helpful here.

Just a suggestion:]
Like if he's still touching people's legs because they are wearing nylons, they have to know what he's going to do before he does it, also the reason why and given the chance to say "no." If they aren't okay with it, even if it's "just a sensory thing," then he is not allowed to do it, no matter what. It's also definitely not okay to sneak up on people and do it. If he does it anyway then that is very serious and needs to be treated as serious. That's more or less what I mean by rapey. Obviously there's plenty of other things that can fall under that heading, but those are the ones I think are relevant here.

Of course, just liking nylons is not automatically rapey. But if you're violating other people's personal space, then it's a problem.

Haha, silk is one of my soothing textures, as in silk boxers. I do wear them when I can (I'm female) and, I have a small wooden block I have covered in silk boxer material, I put it in my purse or pocket if I'm going into a tense situation so I have my "comfort brick" if I need it. You might talk to your therapist about doing something like that for your son. He would be able to use the hidden object to soothe himself without embarrassing himself or the girls so often.

As he gets older, he may find he want's to wear tights, like men's ballet tights, nothing wrong with that but, he'll need to know that not all women will be comfortable with it just like all men aren't comfortable with me wearing silk boxers.

As he gets older, he may find he want's to wear tights, like men's ballet tights, nothing wrong with that but, he'll need to know that not all women will be comfortable with it just like all men aren't comfortable with me wearing silk boxers.
Eh, those people are more than happy to voice their concerns. I think it's more important to let him know that people have the right to wear whatever they want to, because those same people will be telling him that there is no such right

New Threads

Top Bottom