• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi from 53 year-old in Brisbane Australia

Ah, I am here to support us all because it's a cold dark world without the help and support from our fellow friends from the internet.

Centrelink (that's Australia's Department of Social Security for you non-Aussies) won't refer me to a DES (Disability Employment Services) without a diagnosis of something disabling. I figure I have very little chance of getting a job until I can access a DES. But I spoke to a psychologist the other day who reckons I should qualify based on my extreme anxiety alone. I need my GP to write a "Treating Doctor's Report". That shouldn't be a problem, but it seems to me that "anxiety" is a symptom - not a condition. However, if it helps me get a job, perhaps then I can afford to pay for the Asperger psychs to diagnose me.

I hope that you are able to get your assessment, Arthur, both for possible employment and for peace of mind.

I hope that you are able to get your assessment, Arthur, both for possible employment and for peace of mind.

Thanks Bay, it will be certainly be a relief to get diagnosed. I just need to find a psych qualified to diagnose me who bulk-bills (so it won't cost me anything).

New Threads

Top Bottom