• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi, back after 3 month campervanning trip

Tuffsy

I've just come home from a 3-month campervanning trip with my partner. It was a long time to be away from my comfort zone of home but I managed to put up with strange new places and being too close to other campers. At the end I was aching to come home to my own space. But the experiences were awesome, like swimming with whale sharks, helicopter and small plane flights over Katherine Gorge and The Bungle Bungles and seeing Ayers Rock again.
We did 20,000 kms total.

upload_2022-6-14_8-28-8.jpeg

upload_2022-6-14_8-29-18.jpeg

upload_2022-6-14_8-33-27.jpeg

upload_2022-6-14_8-34-53.jpeg

That's awesome - thank you for sharing!

Extended road trips is something I'd love to do someday. Alas, I don't drive and given the rather individual nature of road-tripping, it might be hard to find a travel companion or a group that I could third wheel with, and hiring a tour guide / driver is rather expensive. One can dream, though!

(Hmm... maybe this could be a business idea for someone.)

Wow! Lots of envy...

Looks like a great trip, just wish I could afford a grand adventure like that... Meantime I'm feeling rather stuck here...

I recently met a German couple on a six month tour of United States and Canada in a 1998 Land Rover motorhome, had a nice chat with them... They were hoping to travel as far north as Inuvik, Northwest Territories, the farthest north place people can drive in Canada, very close to the Arctic Ocean... Yeah I'd love to make it there some day...

Land Rover 02.jpg

Thanks for your interest here's some more photos…
Katherine Gorge from a helicopter
upload_2022-6-14_14-55-43.jpeg

Katherine Gorge from a boat
upload_2022-6-14_14-59-34.jpeg

A freshwater crocodile
upload_2022-6-14_14-57-24.jpeg

The Bungle Bungles from a small plane
upload_2022-6-14_14-58-40.jpeg

Cable Beach Broome
upload_2022-6-14_15-3-48.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2022-6-14_14-56-54.jpeg
    upload_2022-6-14_14-56-54.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
Welcome back and a big thank you for all of the photos. I have been to Australia twice and have seen far too little. I have been to Hanging Rock and a portion of the gold country, Ridden Puffing Billy, Driven from Sydney to Melbourne by way of Canberra, visited Port Campbell and the Twelve Apostles. All of those on the first trip there back in the late 80s or early nineties.

The second trip there was right before the Sydney Olympics and that trip had nothing to do with the games. Instead it mostly was spent with a trip across the Bass Strait by ferry and then driving all the way around Tasmania. Someday I hope to go back, if I live long enough, to visit the barrier reef. ;)

Once again, terrific pics and thank you for sharing!

Wow amazing trip. Bit too long maybe, I would find that hard too. But great experiences. You must have driven thousands of miles! Respect! Great pictures, thanks for sharing them. Welcome home!

The photos are supreme.
I've never been to Australia. Always wanted to see Ayers Rock and that is one gorgeous pic it!

New Threads

Top Bottom