• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hey new here! :3

Caelix3

My name is Christina but I prefer to go by Caelix. Just like it better. I recently got diagnosed with autism. Well the paper said autism disorder. I am 18 years old and rather shy and awkward socially. I have issues with textures, sounds, sensory, etc. I joined this group to hopefully meet people and get some answers or something to my questions.

Nice to meet you all. [emoji39]

Hi,
Nice to hear from you. I'm also new here. How are you handling the news? Is it helpful for you so far?
Yeah it has been helpful. I was able to join a outpatient group for people on the spectrum. So they can help me with my social skills.

Yeah it has been helpful. I was able to join a outpatient group for people on the spectrum. So they can help me with my social skills.
That's great to hear. I went to a speech language group for people on the spectrum in the spring and I'm about to start going to a social/educational thing on the weekends. I've found that it can definitely be helpful to meet other people who have had similar challenges as you in life. Earlier I saw someone had posted if you've met one aspie then you've met one aspie and I completely agree with that. Every story has its differences so ignore the stereotypers.
Also, I don't have much in the way of friends at this point in time, but I've heard that it can be easier for Aspies to relate with other Aspies than with people who aren't on the spectrum, as far as friendships go.

Hey Caelix :) I'm also new here :)

I initially came here as NT to learn more about AS for a friend that is an aspie, and now am looking into whether I am also an aspie.

I've found this place very very informative, helpful and friendly :) xx

New Threads

Top Bottom