• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hey guys!

Evanze

Hey guys, I'm Evan from Singapore. I started self-diagnosing myself for Asperger's Syndrome last week when my girlfriend (of one year) and her mother started picking up several weird quirks in my current behavior and from stories when I was a child. I took several online test which all tended to indicate I had a high probability of having Asperger's Syndrome. I'm currently saving up money for a proper diagnosis, I haven't told anyone else and I dare not tell my parents. I tried telling them (when i was 16) there was a possibility that I may have had AS but they dismissed it out of hand and told me never to speak of it ever again. I'm starting to find life to get increasingly difficult as I'm about to enter the real working world and I realized that there are a lot gaps that I need to fill to be able to function successfully outside. I hope you guys will be able to help me and share your experiences with me. Thank you all so much for setting up this forum and I appreciate all the help you guys can share with me.

Welcome Evan. I'm sure that you will find the support and encouragement you are looking for here.

My family also reacted strongly when I told them of my Aspergers Syndrome diagnosis. To this day they can't accept that I'm an Aspie and I have learnt not to push the point. I hope that your girlfriend and mother are more openminded, accepting and supportive.

Wot Cheor Jesse, are you a Geordie? :)

One thing for sure, from what I know in Aspies, this being my 6th year knowing my first Aspie friend;

We are not weird, we are just unique people with unique talents that make a huge difference to people around us.

In general, our commitment to what we love, and who we really care for, makes us great people in general to be around with.

Hello Evan, and welcome to Aspies Central. You have come to the right place - this forum's members are so understanding and extremely helpful when giving advice or tips. Feel free to post and chat often if you need anything.

New Threads

Top Bottom