• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Help with insurance NJ

Hey everyone, I am looking to get a potential diagnosis of Aspergers and am wondering if I should switch out my crappy insurance. I have UnitedHealthCare Community Plan and I can barely find any doctors that take it for treament of Autism Spectrum disorder. Are any of these a better choice?

http://postimg.org/image/u0z4k8y9l/ <<<< Picture of insurances

Unfortunately. All US health insurance is crappy and Obamacare isn't helping much ether.

I have Aetna and, while they do not specifically pay for treatment of Autism, they will pay your therapist once you have used up your deductible. That can be anywhere form 500 to 5000 dollars, depending on your plan. Once you spend that on any medical care, they will pay everything for the remainder of that year. It isn't the best but, it would limit how much you would need to pay out of pocket.

I have Aetna and, while they do not specifically pay for treatment of Autism, they will pay your therapist once you have used up your deductible. That can be anywhere form 500 to 5000 dollars, depending on your plan. Once you spend that on any medical care, they will pay everything for the remainder of that year. It isn't the best but, it would limit how much you would need to pay out of pocket.

I am a little bit uninformed about how certain things in insurances work. When you say you have Aetna to pay the therapist, would they pay for an therapist, or any that is in network with the therapist.

My whole point I'm trying to make is that there is a very limited range of available therapists that are in network with UnitedHealthcare Community Plan.

"Once you spend that on any medical care, they will pay everything for the remainder of that year." When you typed that did you mean all doctors even ones that aren't in network?

Sorry if I may have put more confusion into this but it is very hard for me to understand all of this. While I do get a lot of what you are saying, I feel that I need a better explanation because I am a noob when it comes to insurances. I do not have too much knowledge with insurances

Aetna will not pay until I have used all of my deductible, then they will pay for whomever my GP or any in network doctor refers me to but, they only pay psychological fees AFTER I have paid all of my deductible out of pocket. For me that is 1,500 USD but they have plans with lower detectable.

Like most insurance you need to stay in network or, have a referral to go out of network and, some things are not covered at all, other only after you use up all of you deductible by paying out of pocket.

New Threads

Top Bottom