• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello!

rache86

Hello, I'm Rachel, 27, and have recently been diagnosed as having aspergers. Trying to get my head round it all at the moment! Any tips on getting a better understanding would be well received.

Aspergers Syndrome: Teacher. UK

Hi Rachel, welcome to AC!
if you have any questions, don't hesitate and just ask them! We are more than happy to help you!

Welcome Rachel :)

Yep, we're defiantly happy to answer questions. Feel free to browse our forums, and share your stories. You'll find many answers to your questions here.

I also recommend taking a look at our recommended resources page, for books on ASD: Resources | AspiesCentral.com

Welcome, Rachel! I think you can get a better understanding just by hanging out here. We have all sorts of people on various ends of the spectrum and all of them are unique individuals.

Welcome to the community :D

First off, I would suggest that you tell yourself that your a human being and that everyone makes mistakes and that just because someone has a knowledge of one or more things doesn't make them better than you or me any other person. Never let anyone take away your rights to be a human being or make you feel like less of a person because of your Autism.

Secondly, I'm sure you've had a lot of difficulties and frustrations with your Asperger's as I've been through this too many times. I would suggest you just accept these and accept that they're a part of you. Yes you are different but that doesn't make you anything less than anyone else. Everybody, whether NT or not have their difficulties in life and not being able to naturally sense social cues or body languages doesn't make you less of a person.

There will always be someone in this world who would want you to feel bad for being different. They are not worth bothering with ...

Welcome to AspiesCentral, Rache! Is that your cat? Gorgeous color on him or her.

New Threads

Top Bottom