• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello

DreamEagle

Hi I'm new to this forum and I'm from the USA. I decided to join because I have a diagnosis of Autism and from time to time, I believe that it has affected me in some way, especially when making and keeping friends. I feel lonely a lot of the times and often feel like people drift away from me over time. Most people don't know or probably aren't aware that I have this diagnosis, which I consider more as a gift, and over time I feel like I sometimes say things that may just keep people away from me. So I'm connecting with people who are on the spectrum to see if I can make some new friends here and be accepted for who I really am, as well as have some really great conversations in this forum. Hope to meet many of you soon.

Hi DreamEagle,

Welcome to the forum. Most around me at work do not any of my Asperger traits. I hope you find other's like you here on the forum!

Welcome Dream Eagle,
This is a good place, and many of us face the same challenges. Look forward to a future conversation.

Hi DreamEagle! Welcome to Aspies Central. I feel the same way sometimes. There are times I feel that what I say will turn others away, but I never feel that way here. Everyone on here is so understanding and friendly. I like to consider this wonderful community as a close-knit family. Most importantly, we are always accepting of who people are as individuals. Feel free to come here often and engage in many of our insightful forum threads with any questions, concerns, or any personal insights you might have. Feel free to use the shoutbox as well. Hope you enjoy all we have to offer here.

Welcome here! I've only just joined this forum myself but thought I'd say hello anyway. I hope you like it here, I'm liking it here so far :).

Thank you all for the warm welcoming. I really do hope I get to enjoy my stay and make connections in this community. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom