• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello

Thespaceguy

A few weeks ago I took several online tests for Aspergers and consistently I scored 37 then doing several hours of research on the subject it was like reading about my entire life. when I was younger I was diagnosed with adhd so I was the focal point of all the schools teasing and since and so I developed defenses which are: masks, center the conversation topic on other people, also changing conversation to a neutral topic (which helps if they are picking on you, since we can only process one thought at a time, this helped me a lot when I was a kid with bullies).
Social settings always get me I need advance warning so I can think about what to say to all possible people there but I usually just end up using scripts it's robotic I know but it works for me but in general I try to avoid these settings.
I'm interested in marvel comics, Greek mythology,physics, math, space, computers( I have played with Windows, Mac,and linux(which is my favorite))I want to learn programming I think that's the next level, I like visualizing how things work like walking down the street looking at a car I imagine each side of the car expands and I see the inside which are the motor on the frame. I like doing that to everything and I like visualizing the motion of earth around the sun and trying to see unique planets that are formed like a square planet spinning on a axis although I know from physics that planets have to be a slightly spherical although it's fun to think about.
Sorry I can ramble and also my grammar isn't the best.
Oh I forgot I'm 30 yrs old and live in Phoenix Arizona, male,single, in college atm,idk what else to add

Walking through crowds and being around a ton of typical neruotypicals is very tiring so I generally walk around with headphones in, and I'm zoned out (probably thinking about my thought I picked out before hand) or trying to visualize something.

I have no friends also never had any in any school I was in not by choice but no one got me and some kids would pretend to be friends only to find a soft spot and then turn and tease.

Man I have edited this post so many times I have written paragraph long stuff only to delete it because I later don't think it applies ugh.

Don't get me started on choices and the ones people want you to choose fast, it's like how can I make that decision fast before running a pros/con and a cost benefit analysis to see it from all possible angles and then choose the best fit option it's highly stressful especially last minute choices.
Sorry for the extensive reading and grammar problems(that's my weak point well one of them haha).

Excellent introduction! Welcome aboard :)
image.jpg

Hello, and welcome! I'm a new member myself, and I'm very glad I joined. I am a beginner at programming, I started with Ruby and Python on https://www.codecademy.com/ , but then I read somewhere that it was best to start learning Java, so thats what I'm doing now. I feel like learning with codecademy is sort of half-way, so I've bought a book and hope to learn more that way. Hopefully there is some more experienced programmers here who can give you some advice, I will be looking out for that too :) Have a nice day!

Hello, and welcome! I'm a new member myself, and I'm very glad I joined. I am a beginner at programming, I started with Ruby and Python on https://www.codecademy.com/ , but then I read somewhere that it was best to start learning Java, so thats what I'm doing now. I feel like learning with codecademy is sort of half-way, so I've bought a book and hope to learn more that way. Hopefully there is some more experienced programmers here who can give you some advice, I will be looking out for that too :) Have a nice day!

Wow cool thanks for the website I will definitely check that out yeah I was torn between starting C or Java.

Welcome to the forums! I'm actually a classics major, although my focus is on the Latin language, rather than Greek mythology. But I'm thinking of going more into the cultures around the Mediterranean in later semesters, once I've got my non-major upper divisions out of the way.

New Threads

Top Bottom