• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello

Rogue Dragon

Hi,

I'm new to this site. I'm autistic, and was told this is a good place to get to know people and learn from their point of view on how they go through life. Such as relationships, making friends, socializing, getting out and exploring the unknown, etc. It would be nice if I could talk to somebody I don't know so I can learn to live life without having to put myself in someone's shoes.

Welcome! I think you'll learn a lot from your stay here. We're generally a pretty friendly bunch. :)

wyv

Welcome, indeed. I bump through relationships, jobs, friendships, special interests, and so on. Feel a bit like a leaf in the wind, sometimes. This place has helped me, and I haven't been here all that long.

Thank you. All of you. For the past 4 years, I've been beating myself up mentally because my ex-girlfriends broke up with me. I've been devoting myself to try and move on without thinking of them, but sadly, I can't. I was in love with them so bad, I'd give anything to be with either one of them. They're both sisters. I've known them for 7 years. I loved them dearly, but they didn't feel the same way about me. They only thought of me as a good friend. Even though I'm autistic, and they're not, I honestly thought I could make a relationship work. But they had other plans. 4 years ago, I let my sense of humor get carried away, then they told me "That's it! We're not friends anymore! Stay away from me and my family!" It broke my heart so bad, I couldn't even smile for a month. They had forgiven me, but they declared "this doesn't change anything between us." Over the years I've been doing other things. Playing video games, riding my motorcycle or horse, going out shopping, even tried a couple of dating websites like eHarmony or Zoosk. Regardless of what I do, even now, all I can think about now, is letting those girls know how much pain I'm in because they hurt me. As much as I wanna hurt them twice as much for using me, I can't do it because my shrink say "it's a lost cause. They're not gonna care that you're hurting." I just got out of an appointment with my shrink who specializes with autistic people. He says I need to be on this site so I can learn to be with other people who are like me and maybe find a relationship. And so here I am. I'm hoping that any one of you can help me get over this ridiculous block that's preventing me from fully moving on.

Thank you. All of you. For the past 4 years, I've been beating myself up mentally because my ex-girlfriends broke up with me. I've been devoting myself to try and move on without thinking of them, but sadly, I can't. I was in love with them so bad, I'd give anything to be with either one of them. They're both sisters. I've known them for 7 years. I loved them dearly, but they didn't feel the same way about me. They only thought of me as a good friend. Even though I'm autistic, and they're not, I honestly thought I could make a relationship work. But they had other plans. 4 years ago, I let my sense of humor get carried away, then they told me "That's it! We're not friends anymore! Stay away from me and my family!" It broke my heart so bad, I couldn't even smile for a month. They had forgiven me, but they declared "this doesn't change anything between us." Over the years I've been doing other things. Playing video games, riding my motorcycle or horse, going out shopping, even tried a couple of dating websites like eHarmony or Zoosk. Regardless of what I do, even now, all I can think about now, is letting those girls know how much pain I'm in because they hurt me. As much as I wanna hurt them twice as much for using me, I can't do it because my shrink say "it's a lost cause. They're not gonna care that you're hurting." I just got out of an appointment with my shrink who specializes with autistic people. He says I need to be on this site so I can learn to be with other people who are like me and maybe find a relationship. And so here I am. I'm hoping that any one of you can help me get over this ridiculous block that's preventing me from fully moving on.
Welcome and I really love that avatar.

I have a therapist too. I know people who get stuck on people.

We wear a lot of Crocs, by the way.............. ha ha.... Hello..... Welcome........

I was Diagnosed with PDD-NOS as a teen, OCD too,....but...... Government informed me that my status has been improving, ??? or something? Is it possible? Maybe there is multiple conditions with me, Not sure how "aspie" I am compared to others here???? So many conditions, not enough time and message boards. Sighs.

Last edited:
I have a therapist too. I know people who get stuck on people.

We wear a lot of Crocs, by the way.............. ha ha.... Hello..... Welcome........

I was Diagnosed with PDD-NOS as a teen, OCD too,....but...... Government informed me that my status has been improving, ??? or something? Is it possible? Maybe there is multiple conditions with me, Not sure how "aspie" I am compared to others here???? So many conditions, not enough time and message boards. Sighs.

Indeed. But I don't wanna be stuck on these people forever. I'm hoping to move on without thinking of them ever again.

First of all hi,and welcome :) Sounds sad :-( Was this your first big love? If so its not unusaly that it takes a looooot of time. I can say i bin there, and it lasted twice as long as you. But for me it helped to make a mental overviwe, like whats good and bad whit here and then i loggical whay we wherent match. And then i run this "program" when i get a thougt about here. And this is jus a tip of the icemountaint that work for me :p But i guess the point is you need to find things that works for you :)

Thanks. And that's what I've been doing for a 4 years. Doing other things and not give a damn about them. Even though there are moments where I think about kicking their asses, still I'm not interested in getting into trouble. I just wish I could forget about them completely and not give a care in the world.

Welcome aboard :)
image.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom