• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello Shauna 22 Self Diagnosed Aspie

shaunaxaconda

Just found this forum online and decided to give it a try. I've always been labeled as strange weird loner by my peers and family I find social situations agonizingly painful and awkward as I cannot read nor understand social cues. I prefer to be alone as I'm also an introvert with social anxiety but sometimes I feel incredibly lonely and end up having no one to turn to as I don't go out much. Hoping to get to know you all over time.

PS I'm a huge tech geek :)

Hello Shauna and welcome to the community :) People here are supportive and caring and there's plenty of tech geeks here as well lol

I too is labelled as both the odd ball and the black sheep of the entire family. I learned the hard way that people can strike you like a snake with a friendly smile on their faces as I haven't forgotten the family who don't want anything to do with me. I'm so fortunate to have an understanding Father.

All my life I was the odd one and couldn't understand why until I was diagnosed at the age of ten or eleven.

Just found this forum online and decided to give it a try. I've always been labeled as strange weird loner by my peers and family I find social situations agonizingly painful and awkward as I cannot read nor understand social cues. I prefer to be alone as I'm also an introvert with social anxiety but sometimes I feel incredibly lonely and end up having no one to turn to as I don't go out much. Hoping to get to know you all over time.

PS I'm a huge tech geek :)

Sounds like you'll fit right in! Welcome to AC.

Welcome to AspiesCentral Shauna!
A lot of people are willing to support you here. As for the alone part, I'm sure you can talk over the forums, heck! There might even be some members living in your area!

New Threads

Top Bottom