• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello! I'm absolutely new here & 50% hopeful.

Goatscoat

After 7ish years of being misdiagnosed with schizophrenia and a very particular situation w/ my parents. I call it particular because I've always heard more positive stories about finally getting the right diagnosis and about supportive families. But my father doesn't seem to care, or, at least, all he does is speak in a judging manner and attempt to corner me emotionally & my mother has had hateful behaviours towards me since I was very young. So, you know. THAT'S KIND OF, my, uh, background, but I feel like it's a bit much to be saying in a /hi i'm new here/ kinda topic, so y'know. Enough of that. Eventually I got seen by a different doctor who sees my circumstances very differently (this doctor being a better one and from the portuguese nhs, she works in the best hospital in our country + it's a highly reputable hospital). I'm algo guessing I'm feeling like I have to justify lots about past life because I've always felt like I have to. Otherwise people will misunderstand me or fill in the gaps and try to find a way to say that I'm lying or w/e... Point being, I suspect, after informing myself on the matter recently, that this Doctor probably thought I had more of an ASD than anything else.

And so here I am. I'm a musician, artist, videoartist, writer (& I have barely any real life friends to whom I relate wholly and feel truly accompanied by when in their presence, and those I do have tend to live very far away).

I had to dropout of high school because everyday life was overwhelming and I couldn't keep it up anymore. I had frequent meltdowns, so I said enough/and sought for help, ended up with a schizophrenia diagnosis and took horrible medication I didn't need for many years.

Now I'm just a very tired individual who feels very adamant to give people a chance again. Not after how much work I put into it and how bad things turned out anyway.

Welcome aboard! :)
This is a friendly and helpful community. I can totally relate to years of misdiagnosis in various capacities, and to judgemental folks. I think of this site as a safe place. Best wishes
image.jpg

Wow, that painting made me feel really nice and warm. Those are beautiful colours.

Thank you for the warm welcome guys! & I'll be sure to post recent work when I can ^^

New Threads

Top Bottom