• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello everyone

whitepine

I always knew there was something different about me from the beginning and I could never really put my finger on it until now.
I have not been officially diagnosed as an Aspie but after a lot of research and thought on the subject, I realized it does answer a lot of questions about my current life and my past. I fit quite perfectly into the descriptions.
Specifically, I have always been very sensitive to sounds and I could never understand why other people weren?t. The sound of a banging hammer would send my body into twitches, I?d become overwhelmed in a group of people, and I could never really think of the right words to say to people. At least, they would come out wrong and I?d appear completely bizarre. Some people appreciated it and other ostracised me and bullied me .
I am here today because I am working on the path towards becoming diagnosed, I feel that it would provide me with a lot of comfort to know that it is for real. People say it?s wrong to brand myself but after discovering this condition I started to feel a lot more accepting of myself.
Finding employment right now is very hard for me. I can write really well sometimes but as soon as people call me, I ruin my chances by using the wrong words to expressing myself in ways that others cannot understand. It has caused me some severe issues because I cannot support myself the way I would like.
I have a very hard time telling when people like me or don?t like me and I get this wrong a lot. Sometimes even the simplest tasks are difficult for me and I have my good days and bad days.
I find more comfort in animals than I do people and find myself very lost if I do not have an animal companion around me. I?d really like to get a dog but because my life is unstable and I do not have a place to live people say it?s wrong for me to do that to a dog.
I hope to figure this out someday so I can push forward. I just wish my parents did something about this before I became an adult. They always knew I was different because I barely ever talked as a child (if I did my parents said it would be more of a sentence than anything else), I always used hand signals and sounds rather than words. It?s not that I couldn?t speak but I seemed to be able to communicate better this way. I often still do this with my partner who has grown accustomed to my sounds rather than words. This might be why I feel more comfortable with animals because I can use sounds to communicate with them.
I don?t like people touching me and I find people love to touch one another, pat on the back, hand on the shoulder. It?s not that I don?t like people but I find my body to be very sensitive to touch. So If I don?t know the person well enough and they catch me off guard, I often pull back.

I?m very obsessed with collecting various things. Stamps, bones and I have a wide knowledge on plants and animals. Most of the books I own are about identifying plants and animals.

Well that?s all for now.

Hi Whitepine. Welcome to the forum. From what you describe, you've stumbled into the right place & I hope you find comfort in being here with other Aspies. Many people here are officially dx-ed, others are in the process & some are self-identified. Some have other conditions as well such as ADD, ADHD, OCD & other challenges. It's a really great place with Aspies from all over the world.

Well you will certainly fit in here and make some awesome friends in an awesome community!

Now here is your fair trade of milk and cookies that I always give out to the new people!

*gives milk and cookies*

Welcome to Aspies Central Whitepine! Hope you like it here. As Soup so wonderfully said, this forum is an excellent place to get to know others who share very similar experiences and to also gain new insights about what it's like to be part of our unique community.

New Threads

Top Bottom