• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello, everyone. (plus, a question about avatars)

Ian114

Howdy, my name is Ian and I'm a 23-year-old man with ASD. I had a really hard time growing up with bullying and an ineffective special needs program at school, but I'm learning to live with myself and trying to start working and getting along better in the world.

I'm having trouble uploading an avatar. When I click add avatar it says "the contents of the uploaded image do not match the file's extention." What does this mean? I've tried multiple jpegs and none of them work.

Hi, Ian. Nice to meet you. I relate to the growing up with bullying. So glad those days are over. I'm self-diagnosed so far, but I'm definitely on the high-functioning end of the autistic spectrum.

As for your question, you might want to contact Brent. He can be reached by looking under "Members" in the bar above, and then under the tab "Staff Members." He's always very helpful to me. Otherwise, somebody else with some computer knowledge will probably be along shortly and will be able to tell you.

Welcome to the forum!

Hi Ian,
Welcome! I have had a hard time changing my avatar since I set it when I joined this site, so please tell me how to change it when you find out! Thanks. I want to change it to a cat. :catface:

I am glad you are here. I had a lot of bullying when I was a child and young adult as well in school. So glad those days are over! We can grow into our own people today! I am glad you are getting along better in this world. It takes a lot of work sometimes. This site has helped me very much and I hope it helps you too.

Hello and welcome aboard ! Yeah bullying i gess most of us went torght that, I went troght as well almost the entire school process, almost. But things get diferent once you learn to like your self ,and dont rely on the opinions on others .....as you might know now XD Sorry if I´m saying silly things.
once again welcome and feel at home !

New Threads

Top Bottom