• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Have you come to terms with having your ASD?

Have you come to terms with having your ASD?

• Yes

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Fighting the urge to say something else lol. Must stay on topic... Anyway, yes I knew it long before I wasz diagnosed and never had any issue accepting it. Only thing is I hated that I was different in the past and slowly started to like myself more and understand how truly pathetic others (male nt's) were who treated me like the plague for so many years.

-sean-

I most definitely have. When my mom first told me about it I was kind of confused because I didn't know anything about it, and I wondered if everything that made me different was just due to Asperger's and not my own unique personality (until that point I'd just thought I was drastically different from everyone else), but over time I learned about it and now I think I am both autistic and unique - like every autistic person, really. Come to think of it I have more confidence now than I did a couple years ago, because now I know what's really going on.

There is no substitute for self-awareness and for actually embracing your differences. Once you get better at these things you start to see that others truly should envy you and not the other way around anymore. The world ( translated to body/mind/heart/soul) you live in is best defined by how you see yourself and not how others see you.

-sean-

Being given a diagnosis of likely having ASD was actually a relief. It explained so many things in my life to date.

Yes, no, yes, no, yes......

In truth I struggled at first but now I am fine and relieved.

Last edited:
I am not defined or described by a word or a series of words. All I accept in the end is that when I was a minor I had no choice but to tolerate the people who tried to do just that.

Yes, I was relieved to receive a diagnosis. Without the diagnosis, I'd still be wondering what's wrong with me.

For a very short time I was dismayed, but I immediately performed a lot of research into ASD which resulted in a sense of relief and serenity. So many of the difficulties and problems that I have encountered and endured were attributable to ASD. The research also made me conscious of several asocial habits that were never on my radar.

The diagnosis enabled me to start to ameliorate my behavior. I have only made small progress on improvements, but thanks to accepting my diagnosis, I am moving forward. Without the diagnosis I probably would have remained unaware, unchanged and subject to facing the same old problems again and again.

New Threads

Top Bottom