• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Have you accomplished what you never thought you could?

I taught myself algebra (with the help of an online resource). It's not a great feat, but to me it showed, I proved myself that I can learn anything I want if I so desire. I used to think that I was only good at some computer programming, that I could only learn about computer-related stuff.

Just a general question, Have you guys accomplished what you guys thought you never could?

I have many times... but i just wondered how many others have or haven't
smile.png
Just a general question, Have you guys accomplished what you guys thought you never could?

I have many times... but i just wondered how many others have or havn't
smile.png
I have many times also...saxophone next

Taught myself to sew and even had a dressmaking business at one point, taught myself several languages to differing degrees even though I was written off as never being able to learn a foreign language by language teachers at school.

I have a few accomplishments which I surprised myself with like starting my own business, adopting a daughter, staying married to the same person 26 years.

It's been a pretty good life so far in spite of being an aspie. Not always easy though. It's always a struggle, so I rely on divine intervention on a regular basis.

My drive is positivity - when I am at my most happiest, it is then I can overcome many things.

I nearly got a merit for my clarinet exam, and I didn't even have the energy to revise more than thrice. No idea how I did it, but it still remains a remarkable note in the tune of my life (yikes, that rhymed!)

Not yet . Quite a few accomplishments that I am generally proud of but can't say that I didn't think I couldn't accomplish them with a lot of perseverance . I would like to develop a great romantic relationship ,not sure I have the requisite skills to get the job done ,romance doesn't come at all naturally to me .

I was gonna put nothing at all, but then I realized that I had managed to move into almost exclusively wearing masculine clothing in public.

It's not much of an accomplishment, but it's something I guess

I was an award-winning artist where I lived, I was a well-recognized ice skater where I lived with at least 3 solo performances, I graduated in the top 100 of my graduating class in high school, I received the highest high school degree given by New York state, I graduated from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania against all odds (even when my parents were told I would never even go to college), I made it half-way around the world to Japan which has been a dream of mine for a very long time, and I've been mistaken as an NT the majority of the time I interact with people.

I try to do this all the time. Go ahead of myself and achieve as many challenges I can.
First I became an engineer despite having studied musicology.
Then i became single and learned to live by myself when my first wife left me. Learned to be happy alone and to be in charge of myself (and two cats this irresponsible girl left me).
Then i learned how to seduce girls. Was really hard but I finally managed to get the trick and slept with a bunch of girls before dating an ex model (the girl I just left two weeks ago).
Now I just launched my freelance engineering business and try to get it running well.
My new goal is to become really indépendant by buying a home for myself without having any debts. After that, maybe I'll find a girl, not too pretty but not too ugly, but no princess anymore, I swear.
All this speech to say that if the 'me' from the future had come to see me of the past, and told me I was able to do all that, I wouldn't have believed it.
Challenge runs my life, some things I did, I did them for bad reasons, to prove my ex wife I was worth much better than her for example, but I did something anyway. And as we say here, a dumb guy walking goes further than two clever guys sitting on their butts ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom