• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Has anyone on here made a friend and kept in contact?

matt000333

I have added a few people on facebook and they will talk to me if I message them and Ill check up once in awhile but I never get messages from them checking up on me even once in awhile I dont like to talk all the time either but once in awhile a Hey how you been would be nice. just curious how others experience with fellow aspies are?

The only friends I have I met here. I keep in contact fairly regularly. I definitely have a social limit and can burn out but I genuinely enjoy talking to the people that I do.

There could be a ton of reasons why they don't message you often. Maybe their social limit is less than yours is? I try to give people the benefit of the doubt if at all possible. :D

I've made more meaningful friendships in a year here than I have in the past 10 years in the outside world. And I expect those to last longer & bring much more, too. But it didn't happen overnight.

I keep in contact fairly regularly. I definitely have a social limit and can burn out but I genuinely enjoy talking to the people that I do.
This sums up my experience here very accurately, as well.

I have added a few people on facebook
I could use a clarification, do you mean people from the forum that you've added on facebook, or regular people?
Do they seem to be otherwise active, but not reaching out to you, or not active at all, which would explain their lack of facebook interaction to begin with?

Have to agree with Katelya:eek: My experiences with other aspies have been good. And I've kept in contact with others. Beyond online life I occasionally talk with people I know, and email back and forth. My brother and an aspie friend are in my life, and we contact one another when we have something to say or inform the other person of. The rest are christmas cards and birthday cards and occasional emails.

I keep in touch with a few fellow Aspies through these forums. With my offline friends I mostly keep in touch via text messages, I don't meet up in person that often (due to a busy job). I try to keep up with current events in people's lives and make sure to text and/or call on birthdays so they know that even if we don't speak that often, I do care.

Yes. One is who I call: my spiritual daughter and the other is "just" my friend. She is of my faith and we chat every day via whatsapp now.

I did have a female aspie on here, who I chatted virtually every day with, but that sort of fizzed out.

I only have two friends that I stay in touch with regularly
mostly via e-mail and Facebook.
I don't like talking on the phone.

I have added a few people on facebook and they will talk to me if I message them and Ill check up once in awhile but I never get messages from them checking up on me even once in awhile I dont like to talk all the time either but once in awhile a Hey how you been would be nice. just curious how others experience with fellow aspies are?
I wouldn't talk publicly on Facebook it's a beacon for toxic minds.
I use email , i've got to learn people will talk to me when they want to ,I learn very slowly .
got to say I am not the most perceptive person ,it took me six months before I realised there was a private message facility on this forum !and that somebody had sent me a message, so they had waited six-months.

Until recently I had a good friend on Facebook, but he deleted me because I was commenting on all his posts so he thought I was "stalking" him.

Last year though I did friend a girl called Diane, who was in my class at school in the early 80's so I've known her for years, she's married now with a little girl.

Sometimes I talk to people via PM (not very often, because I find it hard to approach people via PM, I need a good and specific reason to talk to someone and I usually don't and people rarely contact me), but it always fizzles out. There are one or two people I occasionally talk to, but most people I know are friends of my partner or superficial aquaintances.

Not on here but I have made a few good friends online and keep in contact with them in varying levels, depending on the friendship. All friendships are different and have different amounts of talking. Some I talk to more, some much less often. Even friends I talk to less, I'm still good friends with them but I find it hard to chat a lot and we trust each other. I have had problems too, where the friend has thought I'm stalking them like someone else has mentioned.

I have a couple of friends offline too but generally, I don't like to get into a lot of close friendships as I'd struggle to keep up with them and find it emotionally draining - these friends are more 'activity' friends who I just do things with, e.g, walks, swimming, coffee shops.

I've made more meaningful friendships in a year here than I have in the past 10 years in the outside world. And I expect those to last longer & bring much more, too. But it didn't happen overnight.

This sums up my experience here very accurately, as well.

I could use a clarification, do you mean people from the forum that you've added on facebook, or regular people?
Do they seem to be otherwise active, but not reaching out to you, or not active at all, which would explain their lack of facebook interaction to begin with?
Met here and added on facebook I could be wrong but I think most of it is they are selfish I think aspies can be selfish people too more its just all about them. im not best socially but I do care about other people and check up on them without wanting something I cant remember last time someone just wanted to check up on me and didnt want something from me.

Not trying to badmouth anyone Guess im just feeling overwhelmed I feel like im a good person and while not most interesting not annoying either and im basically starting from ground up I have very few family that like me and couple friends but they just want things best friend right now is bi polar very moody not on meds thinks he dont need them Should get SSI soon and hopefully things will turn around.

New Threads

Top Bottom