• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Halloween!

Halloween!

• Halloween!

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Samhain!

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Beltane!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Day of the Dead!

• All Saints Day!

• I'll just by some candy for myself and stay at home.

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

AsheSkyler

Feathered Jester
Halloween is here! It's one of my favorite holidays. You get to dress up silly, plenty of yummy things to eat, there are harvest games (whee, corn mazes!), and of course spooky things to indulge in.

The kid I'll be putting in some Batman pajamas I got for him. I'm never too thrilled with store costumes. And I'm crocheting a little pumpkin candy basket for him.
I've got a tshirt my dad gave to me as a gift that says "this is my zombie killing shirt" and this seems the best time to wear it. So I am a zombie hunter this year! Nothing special. Tshirt, jeans, maybe a leather bracelet, and a bandana. Might get a big stick for my "weapon" or maybe borrow one of the kid's toy guns. If I'm feeling particularly evil, I may ask the hubby to go as a zombie. ;)

What are your plans this year?

Halloween is a mixed bag across the pond. It's not an official holiday here, yet there's plenty going on and one might even see some kids trick or treating.

Also; despite it not being something official plenty of bars and clubs have something halloween related going on. Which means I'll probably show up here or there, since I quite like anything horror themed (provided it's done well).

I'm quite sure there's no dressing up on my behalf though.

Nothing. Besides enjoying it during my childhood, it meant nothing to me during my adult life. Maybe some of it relates to I never had friends during my adult life.

I shall be out rescuing witches, warlocks, and the undead, as I am working nights.

Samhain and Beltaine are my two favourite pagan festivals, I have some fond memories ;)

I've never had the opportunity to visit a pagan festival. I'd like to someday. I figure like most festivals there is food and dancing involved and lovely decorations. =)

I have a four year old and live in the middle of a cluster of small towns. Halloween started a week ago for me and won't be done until tomorrow night. :p We've been to several trick or treating events and spent the entire month of October going to a local pumpkin patch to play (the season pass was cheap and it's very kid friendly, so we were there 2-3 times a week).

I like dressing up, but put too much time into my son's costume to do much for myself. Today, I made a "press pass" to wear and carried an old camera and my camera bag (with all the inside compartments pulled out, so I could carry my son's candy). I probably won't do anything tomorrow because it's supposed to be insanely cold. My son was Doc McStuffins for the first event because I hadn't finished his "real" costume. Today he was Chris, from Wild Kratts. I think his current plan for tomorrow is to wear that under his winter coat, then put the Doc costume on top because it's big. :p I have a feeling I'm never going to get him to give up his Chris costume, now that it's finished. It's a vest with the appropriate designs and changeable patches, so it's easy for him to wear with his regular clothes. It took a ton of effort to make, but it's cute, now that it's finished. My hands have almost recovered (most had to be hand stitched).

If I didn't have a kid, I wouldn't really recognize it at all. Not much reason to. What friends I have mostly don't get into it much. One suggested we should do something and most of the others made it pretty clear they would *not* wear costumes, so nothing happened. Oops.

I used to love Halloween as a child and as a young adult. Actually, until into my thirties. I used to love to dress up for the occasion, go to a dinner, go to a haunted house if possible and to a pub or club to celebrate with alcoholic beverages. It was a blast usually. The one day of the year I felt normal. Well, not so much anymore. I don't drink now and I don't have the time or the inclination to dress up. I don't want to go out because I don't like the idea of leaving my house unoccupied on a night when people are all over the neighborhood. Nowadays, I choose to stay in with the lights off. No, I don't even hand out candy to the little childrens. I'm already practicing my Scrooge persona for Christmas.

I spent the day preparing shelters for the cats outside because it's due to pour down rain here tonight. Later, my bf and I will watch "Rocky Horror Picture Show" and probably some horror movie while sitting with the indoor cats. Woo-hoo! It don't get much wilder than that.

I used to love Halloween as a child and as a young adult. Actually, until into my thirties. I used to love to dress up for the occasion, go to a dinner, go to a haunted house if possible and to a pub or club to celebrate with alcoholic beverages. It was a blast usually. The one day of the year I felt normal. Well, not so much anymore. I don't drink now and I don't have the time or the inclination to dress up. I don't want to go out because I don't like the idea of leaving my house unoccupied on a night when people are all over the neighborhood. Nowadays, I choose to stay in with the lights off. No, I don't even hand out candy to the little childrens. I'm already practicing my Scrooge persona for Christmas.
You could always dress up as Scrooge on Halloween. Staying home in a bathrob and nightcap can't be a terrible way to spend the evening. ;)

Did anyone dress up or do anything special for Halloween?

I don't like dressing up, and had to travel to visit my great aunt in hospital that day, but my American family members sent me videos of the streets swarming with kids - looked a bit crazy, but fun!

Yes, I was a zombie hunter! Out of clothes and accessories thrown together out of my closet no less. That's either a mark of creativity or I've got a seriously funky inventory. And the kid was Superman. We went out with a football guy with a cheese hat, three princesses, a skeleton who froze their kneecaps off, and I assume the rest were Eskimos because they were bundled from head to toe. ;)

my draculasPUBwindowfav1.jpg window decor for Halloween

New Threads

Top Bottom