• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Halloween movies

"Houdini" (1953)

A boyhood favorite of mine. With Tony Curtis and his wife (Janet Leigh) as his wife Bess.

Just finished watching 28 Days Later for the first time.
28-Days-Later-Posters.jpg

For those who don't know, the movie is a zombie-horror movie that focuses on Jim - a bike courier who awakens from a coma to find that the UK has been overrun by the "Rage Virus"; a highly contagious infection that can spreads via an infected's saliva or blood getting into an open wound/orifice (such as a person's mouth) and takes around 20 seconds to turn those exposed to it into an infected.

Put simply, Jim must group together with other survivors to try to find a way to reach safety/signal for help; a task made more difficult by the fact that these "zombies" made from the Rage virus infection aren't the shambling slowpokes from the likes of George Romero's zombie movies - these ones are runners.

While certainly a unique film, I would recommend it and I can see why fans of Zombie movies praise this one - with it doing enough to get a sequel (28 Weeks Later) and with apparent talks to make a third film.

^ I love this movie!
For a first time watch, I definitely enjoyed it.

I've got a few other "first time" films to watch this year - these including the following:
01. Death Line
02. The Exorcist
03. Creep (2004)
04. Poltergeist
05. The Shining
06. An American Werewolf in London
07. Ghostbusters (1, 2 and Afterlife)
08. The Lost Boys
09. The Twilight Zone - The Movie
10. John Carpenter's The Thing

Night the Living Dead (original)
Dawn of the Dead (original)
House of the Devil
The Innkeepers
The Roost
Hostel
Hostel II
The Devil's Rejects
House of 1000 Corpses

Can this be called a Halloween movie? It's a comedy with some horror elements in it. It's a really good movie, I would watch it on Halloween. Meryl Streep, Bruce Willis, Goldie Hawn, it's a winner.

deathbecomesher.jpg

I finally watched The Exorcist for the first time this year - having only seen clips and spoofs of it (such as at the beginning of Scary Movie 2) before now.
All in all, it was pretty good; a bit of a slow start but worth it for the pay-off.

I don't really like horror movies that gets it's horrors from slash and gore. One that doesn't have much or any gore, but really stood my hair on end is the Stephen King movie "1408".

But, for fun, I really like "The House with a Clock in it's Walls".

Another one of my favorites is Ghostbusters: Afterlife. It is not scary at all, but I love the characters, acting and the quality of the production. I love that Phoebe Spengler is autistic!

I love scary movies. I watch them all year round!

Some of the ones I have watched recently (in no particular order):

The Autopsy of Jane Doe
Hereditary
The Descent
The VVitch
Donnie Darko (I know... it's not really a horror movie)
Alien
Saw
The Last Exorcism
The Haunting

Always late to the party but my go to films for Halloween are:
Martin (1976)
Damien omen 2 (1978)
Excorcist 2 heretic (1977)

I usually watch just one and rotate the selection

New Threads

Top Bottom