• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hallo ^-^

Lyss

My name is Lyss and I was diagnosed with Aspergers in 2009, when I was about twelve. So I've had a bit of time to get used to the idea of it all as well as get some therapy to help me handle some of my stickier symptoms. My family is fairly supportive of me, except that they have the terrible habit of deciding when I should and shouldn't be affected by being an aspie, mostly when something takes place within the family. But we're all just trying to get along for the most part.
I like writing, drawing, and just generally being creative. I don't tend to watch television shows because I just plain don't like what they're about or the decisions the characters tend to make, my morals are a bit too black-and-white for me to suspend them long enough to enjoy a television show. So I tend to consume mostly books and music, my taste in music is extensive but I'm very picky about what I read. I collect playing cards and right now I have fourteen decks, with my prized one being a set of gold-plated cards that was gifted to me last Christmas.
I've been feeling a little negative for a couple months now because I've recently moved from one coast of the US to the other and it's a very big change that I'm having a bit of trouble settling into. The new school, new workload, and the stress of college applications has all be kinda keeping me down but I'm hoping that interacting with a community like this will help me breathe a bit between my psych appointments :)
I can't wait to meet all the interesting people that are sure to be on here and to share our experiences. I have very high hopes right now! Very excited!

Welcome aboard! I am an East coast transplant living in coastal California now, and can relate to dealing with major change. Glad to have you around. :)

Hi Lyss. Glad you are here. I just moved in June from Chicago area to Colorado so I understand too. And major changes can cause MI to get worse, but it sounds like you are hopeful and adjusting well.
You're quite fortunate to have such support from family. I hope you will feel comfortable joining our little family here too.
I agree! We have a good family here too. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom