• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Half NT, Half ASD on Aspie Quiz but Official ASD Diagnosis

According to the 121 question Aspie Quiz (version 4), I have both Autistic cluster and Neurotypical traits as seen below. I have however been recently assessed & diagnosed by two of the top Autism centers in the U.S., and both, independently, came to the conclusion that I was definitely HF ASD1.

I would caution you not to put too much thought into the online tests other than to give you a possible moving baseline. When I first took them I thought I may be biased, so I asked my wife to join me while I answered the questions. She was able to give me a better perspective and my autism % definitely went up.

Try taking the test again now that you know how it works.

Here is a link to more online tests which are located at the bottom left of the page.

And you do have friends! Us!

63A2E751-1165-418B-8FA2-954BAF1E9C67.jpeg

I've been diagnosed as a child and as an adult with autism. In fact, just last night, my doctor confirmed I was definitely on the spectrum.

What's the website of that dang quiz that everyone keeps getting neurotypical results from? Lemme try it.

According to the 121 question Aspie Quiz (version 4), I have both Autistic cluster and Neurotypical traits as seen below. I have however been recently assessed & diagnosed by two of the top Autism centers in the U.S., and both, independently, came to the conclusion that I was definitely HF ASD1.

I would caution you not to put too much thought into the online tests other than to give you a possible moving baseline. When I first took them I thought I may be biased, so I asked my wife to join me while I answered the questions. She was able to give me a better perspective and my autism % definitely went up.

Try taking the test again now that you know how it works.

Here is a link to more online tests which are located at the bottom left of the page.

And you do have friends! Us!

View attachment 84711
Thank you for providing your metrics; so reassuring. I've always felt different, and have been obsessing over my diagnosis for months.

Has anyone here, who has an official clinical ASD diagnosis, scored somewhat NT on the Aspie Quiz? My Aspie score was 112 and my NT score was 114. It said I'm both broad autism spectrum and neurotypical.
Hey, @Autistcool, I am not who you were looking for to answer but thought I would jump in anyway because I, too, have that split score thing going on: ND 114, NT 104. (Took it last week.) Thought we might have some things in common.
Some of the questions, though, were strange and vague, and I didn't know how to answer them. For instance one of them was do you prefer one-on-one with people you know or in small groups? This can't be answered with "No/never" or "Always/often" or "A Little" because it's referring to two possibilities: one-on-one, OR small groups? There's also a question about ditching friends if they don't share the same ideals. How the F am I supposed to know that when I don't have friends? Then there were some sex related questions that simply don't apply to me; several answers were "I don't know," which could've brought down my autism score. I had to say "No/Never" to the question of do you wring your hands, twirl your fingers or rub your hands. But had they asked, Do you press your fingers to your other hand and rub your nails and fingers to your skin, I would've answered "Always/Often," and this would've given me an autism point.
That interpretation thing seems to draw a lot of comment. Some of it's the language. So if you're like me, and it's new, then what in the world is a special interest? (Me thinking: Special interest = A hobby? No--I get it now--it's much more focused than a hobby, but when taking it for the first time the language does get in the way of knowing what is being meant.)

What I want to know is, what about degree? Say if I notice patterns in things all the time, and Fred here notices patterns in things all the time, also, but say Fred here is really noticing patterns to an intense degree that I am not, then how can the test accurately gauge that what we're both doing is an aspie thing? Meaning, that since the quality of intensity is not measured, should I score X and Fred gets the same score of X, there's no way we're both at Nth degree on the aspie scale! So, I just don't get that, yet.

In fact, I was so perplexed by split scores that I retook the test--and got a closer split. Disturbingly, the second set said I had absolutely no social skills whatsoever, either on the NT or ND scale. Huh??? Of course I have social skills! I'm actually pretty proud of where I am today, as compared to my much younger self. How can it say I have no social skills? (I'm posting this on social media, aren't I?)

Finally, like you, I don't rub or twirl or wring my hands; I do this fingernail thing instead where I run the nail across the skin ridges. (I have no idea why.) I suppose a lot of the questions are like that, open to interpretation. The question is, how broadly (or narrowly) might/ought we interpret it? Since taking this test, at the very least it's sort of making me much more observant of things I actually do, like how much I do this fingernail thing.

I guess that a true NT wouldn't have racked up 112 autism points?
Specifically, I have no idea, but more generally, I'm catching on that just one test isn't going to show the whole picture. So, happy test taking!

Yes, these online test are open to interpretation and although they can give you an idea as to whether you might be on the spectrum or not, they're not always accurate.

Well, here are my results:

Your broader autism cluster (Aspie) score: 175 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 39 of 200
You are very likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie)

I do not understand this chart, but if you do, enjoy deciphering it:

poly10a.php

is there anyone else who has noticed a drastic decrease in symptoms, and being perceived as autistic, from childhood to adulthood? Could I have been misdiagnosed?
sure maybe you are misdiagnosed, maybe not, who can really say that?

decrease in symptoms hmm... not in noise sensitivity. I don´t know if you mean that, but even as an autist, you can learn very much in social interaction. sometimes I don´t realize my autism or that I´m different, but always when I scandalize or can´t do things, which other can do, I realize it again.

I think the more I have friends, the less I´m alone, the more I feel normal. when I have a good conversation with someone, then I´m feel very normal, but when I´m alone, I feel different. maybe my core problem is too have to less social interaction and this really can be cured.

sometimes I wonder if my problems are partly that I don´t try things, but when I would try more things, it would be better. but don´t know. sometimes I feel like all my problems would be away, when I just would have more contact to other people. that my problems are only problems because I keep on thinking that they are problems.

have you noticed a (drastic) decrease in your symptoms?

sure maybe you are misdiagnosed, maybe not, who can really say that?

decrease in symptoms hmm... not in noise sensitivity. I don´t know if you mean that, but even as an autist, you can learn very much in social interaction. sometimes I don´t realize my autism or that I´m different, but always when I scandalize or can´t do things, which other can do, I realize it again.

I think the more I have friends, the less I´m alone, the more I feel normal. when I have a good conversation with someone, then I´m feel very normal, but when I´m alone, I feel different. maybe my core problem is too have to less social interaction and this really can be cured.

sometimes I wonder if my problems are partly that I don´t try things, but when I would try more things, it would be better. but don´t know. sometimes I feel like all my problems would be away, when I just would have more contact to other people. that my problems are only problems because I keep on thinking that they are problems.

have you noticed a (drastic) decrease in your symptoms?

I’m the same way, that I feel more “normal” or more NT, I guess, when I’m interacting with people.

But if I interact with a person irl who is extremely socially awkward, then my energy matches theirs and I don’t know how to carry a conversation with them. I actually do better in irl interactions with people who are extroverted or not awkward. It’s like if I’m talking to someone who doesn’t know how to have a “normal” conversation, it trips me up too. I don’t know how to explain it better than that.
I’m not saying this to be judgmental or offensive either, it’s just hard for me to have a face to face conversation when the other person is struggling to do it.

And yeah, I’ve noticed a drastic decrease in symptoms, mostly socially, and also in terms of ability to do everything on my own and be successful at “life stuff.” I live a fully independent life and I have no issues with functioning.

My special interests have never changed though, but I see it as more of a blessing than a curse because it has helped me develop a career which has helped me with financial stability.

I did a while ago but I wasn't as self-aware back then (I was barely in high school). I don't know what I got on the one in my sig.

To the people here whose Aspie results show a preponderence of Aspiehood, are you also ADHD? Because some of the questions probe foar ADHD, and if you answer positive for those, this will raise the Aspie score. I'm going to retake this test and pretend I have ADHD, and answer accordingly, to see how much ADHD might raise the score.

I give up!!! I answered "Yes/Often" for the questions that probed for ADHD (there weren't too many) and here's the result:

Your broader autism cluster (Aspie) score: 118 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 105 of 200
You have both broader autism cluster and neurotypical traits

Some of the questions are just way out there in left field and seemingly have nothing to do with autism. For instance, worrying that people could HEAR my thoughts. This is paranoia or schizophrenia, yet if you answer "Yes, Often," this goes towards the Aspie score, as well as other oddball questions.

The one about if people close to you have ever taken advantage of....I answered "No, Never," and this contributed to my NT score. But the reason it's "No, Never" is because family never tried to take advantage of me and also, I'm an Alpha. These two traits do NOT oppose autism.

If someone has a lot of odd traits that don't seem to relate to autism, they're going to get a high Aspie score. For example "Are you asexual." Most autistics are NOT asexual.

"Do you spin in circles?" Most autistics DON'T. Most stim, but I don't think most do any particular stim. There are many questions like this, and if by chance, someone hits them all, they'll score very high. However, it also seems like finding a half-and-half like me is an elusive venture.

New Threads

Top Bottom