• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Had a call from Tesco about a job!

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Tried to ring them back this morning after they left a voicemail on the Mobile this week, and the number is unobtainable, I've probably wrote it down wrong though because the guy spoke too fast to get the number accurately.

Oh well, I'll give it another try.

Another guy also rang me at my Parents' yesterday tea time about a job, tried to ring him back and left a message asking him to ring me.

Sounds like I might be in demand!

Just checked the number from Tesco again and I just got 1 digit wrong.

Last edited:
Well I had a message this morning about another job I applied for online last week, I'll try and ring them back tomorrow to set up an interview for next week.

It wasn't Tesco, the message was from Home Fundraising, I had the interview last Friday, but didn't get the job, they want someone who can drive to get between clients, and that ain't me. I also admitted that I'm Aspie with other disabilities, and I think that put them off, and don't even get me started on the so called illegality of discrimination on that basis.

Sorry it didn't work out. Keep your chin up Rich.

If they needed someone who can drive between clients, that isn't discrimination Rich, that's part of the job. It's a requirement.

They'll employ someone who can drive between the clients and it will have nothing to do with ASD or any other difficulties you experience.

Keep at it though, there's got to be something out there with your name on it eventually?

Will Royal Mail Group be taking on Christmas casuals soon? To help with the Christmas post? Not sure if it's part time though, perhaps it's worth checking?

Sorry it didn't work out. Keep your chin up Rich.

If they needed someone who can drive between clients, that isn't discrimination Rich, that's part of the job. It's a requirement.

They'll employ someone who can drive between the clients and it will have nothing to do with ASD or any other difficulties you experience.

Keep at it though, there's got to be something out there with your name on it eventually?

Will Royal Mail Group be taking on Christmas casuals soon? To help with the Christmas post? Not sure if it's part time though, perhaps it's worth checking?

Problem with applying to Royal Mail, is that the job would involve a lot of heavy lifting of big sacks of post, I have back problems, so heavy lifting is OUT!

Problem with applying to Royal Mail, is that the job would involve a lot of heavy lifting of big sacks of post, I have back problems, so heavy lifting is OUT!

Not a delivery person, working in their mail sorting centres.
As a Christmas casual you will lift one letter or one tiny packet at a time. Weighted items are wheeled along in cages.

I tried it one Christmas (before I suspected ASD) - (ASD explains why I thrived on the task but really struggled with the environment)
Some of my colleagues, on the production of genuine proof of any disabilities or difficulties, worked in an area more suited to their abilities.

It's not for everyone Rich, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Not a delivery person, working in their mail sorting centres.
As a Christmas casual you will lift one letter or one tiny packet at a time. Weighted items are wheeled along in cages.

I tried it one Christmas (before I suspected ASD) - (ASD explains why I thrived on the task but really struggled with the environment)
Some of my colleagues, on the production of genuine proof of any disabilities or difficulties, worked in an area more suited to their abilities.

It's not for everyone Rich, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Well even the main sorting Office job would have the same problem, heavy lifting, that and the fact it's a pain to get to because it's not on the Tram route, not the one at Brightside Lane anyway.

I did apply to Topp's Tiles in Meadowhall yesterday, but if I get it I'll have to try and negotiate less hours and a smaller salary otherwise I'll get benefit sanctions, because it's 20 hours a week and the salary's about 8700 a year, based on 16 hours maximum at minimum wage I can only earn about 6 Grand a year.

I also applied today for part time at JD Sports in Meadowhall, emailed them a copy of the latest version of my CV.

The local branch of the MS Society wanted me to go for a meeting in the Benjamin Hunstman Pub in Town next Sunday about volunteering work, but we're visiting Family in London because it's Mum and Dad's Anniversary on the 23rd, they'll have been married 45 years.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom