• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Grouping Is Important

KevinMao133

The biggest thing I realized today was this: it’s important to group your friends into different categories

Constantly being in the wrong group is taking toll on my mental health. Therefore I have to take a break

Always wanted to give it a try and stay persistent but I fail everytime so it’s time to cut ties

Anyways, it’s important to group friends and realize it’s ok to not have a lot of friends. In fact I think not having friends or a lot of them is good for my own well being. I do better that way

Anyways, just my two seconds. I feel peaceful after realizing this. Slowly working towards my ultimate goal

Last edited:
You have us to vent to. You’re doing well by balancing things out already by speaking to us. I suggest once you feel a bit better you can try and meet new people gradually offline after practicing on here.

The biggest thing I realized today was this: it’s important to group your friends into different categories

Constantly being in the wrong group is taking toll on my mental health. Therefore I have to take a break

Always wanted to give it a try and stay persistent but I fail everytime so it’s time to cut ties

Anyways, it’s important to group friends and realize it’s ok to not have a lot of friends. In fscf I think not having friends or a lot of them is good for my own well being. I do better that way

Anyways, just my two seconds. I feel peaceful after realizing this. Slowly working towards my ultimate goal
I don't group friends. I have noticed a long time ago how quickly relationships of any sort can turn around and morph into something entirely different. People change, circumstances change, intentions and goals along with it.
Friends to almost lovers to strangers.
Friends to enemies (happened a lot to me).
Enemy to lover.
It's why I never label someone a "best" friend etc.

What sort of categories do you have in mind?

close friends, casuals, not friends

you know what’s crazy? When I was younger, I fell into the trap. You know how society tries to teach us how we should try to be friends with everyone and that connection is the upmost important thing in the world?

well, completely wrong! Not everyone should be a friend and not everyone connection is needed. I used to have upwards of 500 friends on WhatsApp. Nowadays it’s down to 102. Basically I cut down on a lot of those so called relationships and people who spew out nothing but BS. I cleared a lot of the connections and deleted a lot of people

Every friend I add now, I gotta know your in and out and the ones I keep, it’s real, I know it is

It's a different dynamic these days with online friendships being such a big part of socializing.

I can only equate being on a social media stream is like being in a big noisy school cafeteria.

Trivia: It's 'just my two cents' not 'just my two seconds'.

;)

well, completely wrong! Not everyone should be a friend and not everyone connection is needed. I used to have upwards of 500 friends on WhatsApp. Nowadays it’s down to 102. Basically I cut down on a lot of those so called relationships and people who spew out nothing but BS. I cleared a lot of the connections and deleted a lot of people

No wonder you need to organize your friendships! Whatsapp is limited to just my close friends and close family. My list is just 5 people long. :p

I only use facebook (rarely) for extended family. And tbh most of them are pseudo-blocked. That is I don't see their posts but am still friends. But that was because I didn't want to see any political nonsense and during the Trump years that was all the rage. Maybe I can unblock some now.

:D

I have four friends, but two are grouped together, so I have three "groups." I see each of them a few times a year, so that's somewhere around ten social events.

I recommend sharing your concerns with them. Since you're planning to cut ties, you have nothing to lose but may benefit from telling them how you feel. They may be willing to change the way they treat you or help correct misunderstandings that result in you feeling worse around them.

I only use facebook (rarely) for extended family. And tbh most of them are pseudo-blocked. That is I don't see their posts but am still friends. But that was because I didn't want to see any political nonsense and during the Trump years that was all the rage. Maybe I can unblock some now.

:D
This is the only way I use social media :D

I recommend sharing your concerns with them. Since you're planning to cut ties, you have nothing to lose but may benefit from telling them how you feel. They may be willing to change the way they treat you or help correct misunderstandings that result in you feeling worse around them.

tried to talk to them, didn’t work

remember it’s neurotypicals I’m talking about

New Threads

Top Bottom