• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Grocery Store

What grocery store do you shop at?

• Walmart

• King Sooper

• Safeway

• Whole Food Market

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't know who refines their gasoline. I found this answer on the Google: Smith's Gas Supplier
It basically says that different Smith's stores may use different suppliers, many use Shell, and Smith's can change suppliers every year.

If you want cheaper groceries, Grocery Outlet and WinCo are the best.

We stopped going to WinCo when our kids were small because it's hard to bag your own groceries while tending toddlers, but our kids are older now and we recently rediscovered WinCo. I was blown away by how cheap stuff is there. Also, I love all WinCo's bulk foods.
Thanks. Shell is good. Oh yeah, I'm a BIG Grocery Outlet customer. Love that store. Winco is nice, but it's hard to justify the gasoline cost just to get there. And they don't take credit cards.

There are 2 big Walmarts, and 1 grocery only Walmart on the street l live on. There is now a Aldi, and there are three Publix stores on this same street also. There is one Winn Dixie also, but it is slated to close in April since it sits across the street from Publix and couldn't compete. And there is a horrible dollar store that carries plastic precooked rice. Trader Joe's is too far away. But l drive to Fresh Market about 20 mins away. We have a giant Farm type store, with tons of produce and bulk items 15 mins away. So every shopping trip involves about deciding between 10 stores. I will be moving closer to the beach, and will miss these choices. It will then be narrowed down to two choices only.

Festival is a right turn in on the way home from work and a right turn out. They carry the Fresh Pet I feed the boys, all of my known 'safe' products, have reasonable produce, bakery, and deli sections, and also don't cost the earth. I know where everything is. Kinda stupid to make a trip elsewhere. A waste of time, energy, and gas.

I don't care if something is 3 cents cheaper at Voldemart. It's Voldemart, a place I haven't voluntarily entered in more than five years. Not only is it sensory hell, as well as never having what I need, it's a nuisance to get to. And folks...the other folks...

I just came out of the megamart five minutes ago. It was a quick trip, I was in there for less than 10 minutes, but my goodness was the radio on loud. I’m glad I had a written down list because my brain went all fuzzy. But, at least I was thinking of you all in this thread while I was in there!

I shop at My Market or at Lidl. My Market because it's the closest, plus if you go late in the evening it's less crowded and you can get products nearing their sell-by-dates at half price. Lidl only marks 30% off such products. I used to prefer Lidl because the bring some fancy cheese or foods from other countries. My Market just has either yellow cheese (about 20 different brands, but still all the same thing) or feta. Very disappointing. On the other hand, I managed to get some Stilton in Lidl the other day, and they even stock fresh brussels sprouts in winter. Lidl used to be a bit better in that it had no music, but now it has music so it doesn't have much advantage over My Market. My Market is also a lot closer.

I ended up going shopping at Winn Dixie earlier today and my God it wasn't busy or noisy and I didn't suffer from any issues while I was there.

Now if only the store was always like this instead of just because it was 1:00pm on a Thursday.

I do most of my shopping at health food stores. There are quite a few Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s branches here in the City, but I prefer to shop at the independent health food stores. (There was a Whole Foods built in my neighborhood that may have caused a small store I liked to close down.) Closest to me is Gary Null’s Whole Foods (not related to the chain) where I order groceries from once a week to be delivered. But I prefer to go further uptown to The Health Nuts, which has a better variety and is more reasonable (there are a few branches of it elsewhere in the City).

When I get my own apartment, it will have to be within walking distance of a well-stocked, reasonable health food store.

It’s usually Publix or Kroger for me. I like to have a shopping list on my phone before going grocery shopping. Otherwise I almost always forget what I’m going to get.

New Threads

Top Bottom