• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Google Chrome

I've been having trouble with the site loading today too. I've used Chrome for years though and never had a problem before so I don't think it's the browser. Other sites load fine.

I like Chrome because I'm completely immersed in the Google world. All my tabs, passwords, and searches show up on all my devices. If I search for a restaurant on my desktop I know it will show up in my phone's Google Now cards when I get in my car and I can navigate there.

I recommend installing the Google Dictionary extension. It will pop-up a definition when you double-click a word on any website.

Last edited:
I've been having trouble with the site loading today too. I've used Chrome for years though and never had a problem before so I don't think it's the browser. Other sites load fine.

I like Chrome because I'm completely immersed in the Google world. All my tabs, passwords, and searches show up on all my devices. If I search for a restaurant on my desktop I know it will show up in my phone's Google Now cards when I get in my car and I can navigate there.

I recommend installing the Google Dictionary extension. It will pop-up a definition when you double-click a word on any website.
From a quick test this are loading time on the site with and without ad blocker on Chrome 49.0.2623.87 and Firefox 45.0.1

These are the results
Chrome with Ad blocker : 7.5 Seconds average
Chrome without Ad blocker : 29.4 Seconds average

Firefox with Ad blocker : 7.9 Seconds average
Firefox without Ad blocker : 102.8 Seconds average​

Tested with the browser built in Inspect tool. Ad blocker used is µBlock.

From what i can see it seems to be something with the ads that causes the problems. The site seems to be stuck trying to loading a webpage from Q1Media and Google AdSense.

I can be completely wrong but that is what i could figure out on my observations.

From a quick test this are loading time on the site with and without ad blocker on Chrome 49.0.2623.87 and Firefox 45.0.1

These are the results
Chrome with Ad blocker : 7.5 Seconds average
Chrome without Ad blocker : 29.4 Seconds average

Firefox with Ad blocker : 7.9 Seconds average
Firefox without Ad blocker : 102.8 Seconds average​

Tested with the browser built in Inspect tool. Ad blocker used is µBlock.

From what i can see it seems to be something with the ads that causes the problems. The site seems to be stuck trying to loading a webpage from Q1Media and Google AdSense.

I can be completely wrong but that is what i could figure out on my observations.

Those are abominable numbers. Are you running these applications on a rather old hardware platform? I boot up this site with an adblocker in Firefox 45.0.1 consistently in literally one second and without a saved cache.

If I had the experience of taking many more seconds to open, I'd delete Firefox and Chrome down to the registry and reinstall it fresh. And add any potentially offending plug-ins one-by-one and test the performance each time.

And seriously check for malware and BHO issues as well. It sounds like you may have other things to consider than simply performance issues between Chrome and Firefox.

Last edited:
And I'm not 100% sure but is the 64 bit chrome app still in beta or you have to manually search/install it or does it now auto-install X86 or 64-bit as-needed?

Those are abominable numbers. Are you running these applications on a rather old hardware platform? I boot up this site with an adblocker in Firefox 45.0.1 consistently in literally one second and without a saved cache.

If I had the experience of taking many more seconds to open, I'd delete Firefox and Chrome down to the registry and reinstall it fresh. And add any potentially offending plug-ins one-by-one and test the performance each time.

And seriously check for malware and BHO issues as well. It sounds like you may have other things to consider than simply performance issues between Chrome and Firefox.

I feel my hardware was bought in 2013 and was not bleeding edge when i bought it, but pretty good.

It does seem to only be something on the site that caused it, because every other site loaded fast.
And when i measured it today the same way i did before i get these numbers.
Firefox(45.0.1) with ads = 22.1 Seconds
Chrome(49.0.2623.87) with ads = 9.7 Seconds

One note is that the time is from start of Hard Refresh to the last request is done. The site is usually usable before the site is fully loaded.

When doing this i noticed that the site loaded after 238 requests, but only 8 if I disabled all ads. There is a lot of external content being requested when accessing the site, that could be a bottleneck if one of those requests are really slow.

I feel my hardware was bought in 2013 and was not bleeding edge when i bought it, but pretty good.

It does seem to only be something on the site that caused it, because every other site loaded fast.
And when i measured it today the same way i did before i get these numbers.
Firefox(45.0.1) with ads = 22.1 Seconds
Chrome(49.0.2623.87) with ads = 9.7 Seconds

One note is that the time is from start of Hard Refresh to the last request is done. The site is usually usable before the site is fully loaded.

When doing this i noticed that the site loaded after 238 requests, but only 8 if I disabled all ads. There is a lot of external content being requested when accessing the site, that could be a bottleneck if one of those requests are really slow.

I built my computer back in 2013 as well. Not state-of-the-art now...but still quite fast. Using an i5 processor and Windows & Pro 64-bit with about 5 gigs of available memory. Sounds like whatever the bottleneck may be does not reside with this domain or I'd have a similar loading time. Not so?

Are you running lots of extensions, plug-ins and services? Do you have a decent broadband connection ? I'm still using an older router. Could update and literally triple my speed if I wanted to, but haven't gotten around to it. Yet bandwidth isn't an issue for me.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom