• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Goodbye Google Inc, hello Alphabet Inc!

Xenocity

Too WEIRD for the Weird...
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2015/08/google-alphabet.html

Google Inc. is officially no more!

Alphabet will be the name of what will effectively be a new holding company, the Web company said in a blog post Monday. It will include Google Inc. and Calico, a separate unit that includes Google Ventures, Google Capital, Google X and other subsidiaries.

Don't worry all the stock you own in Google Inc. is fully convertible into stock in the new company Alphabet Inc.

Eventually all the stock will trade under GOOG ticker.

Page will become CEO and Sergey will become President of Alphabet.
Sundar will become CEO of the new Google (subsidiary of Alphabet)

Why on Earth are they called "Alphabet"? It seems like there is some kind of competition among corporations to see who can come up with the most inscrutable brand.

Okay is this Alphabet company going to change Google (the search engine) and YouTube ? Google dorking is fun :p

If Alphabet teaches those creeps to respect personal privacy and to stop false advertising then I'm all for it. If they make it worse, may they bankrupt and there never be any to take its place.

If Alphabet teaches those creeps to respect personal privacy and to stop false advertising then I'm all for it. If they make it worse, may they bankrupt and there never be any to take its place.

Eh, I don't think even Alphabet is going to start respecting people's privacy :/ I mean when has a giant corporation ever cared about the customers or users ? I don't mean like making big donations to charities for tax reasons or putting on some false smiley happy-time face when all we are is $$$$$ cattle to them. All I'm saying is don't be surprised if they continue Google's disrespect for privacy or do worse :|

Is it possible that they could make YouTube even worse ? I hope they improve it and maybe for the love of God/Gods/Aliens/Buddha start nesting replies to comments on videos! I hate scrolling long lists of replies just to see mine when I reply to someone all the way at the top. Ugh lol

Eh, I don't think even Alphabet is going to start respecting people's privacy :/ I mean when has a giant corporation ever cared about the customers or users ? I don't mean like making big donations to charities for tax reasons or putting on some false smiley happy-time face when all we are is $$$$$ cattle to them. All I'm saying is don't be surprised if they continue Google's disrespect for privacy or do worse :|

Is it possible that they could make YouTube even worse ? I hope they improve it and maybe for the love of God/Gods/Aliens/Buddha start nesting replies to comments on videos! I hate scrolling long lists of replies just to see mine when I reply to someone all the way at the top. Ugh lol
I was hoping they'd bankrupt from the moment I heard the news. I have very little respect for mega corporations.

YouTube is pretty low. To make it worse they would have to make the entire site out of Flash and not just the videos, not let a visitor leave without clicking "let me leave" on five different popups, and they would have to do like Facebook and make it against the ToS to use an alias instead of your real name. Just a few superficial changes. And every page would have the standard 750px header with a 500px slider that changed every 0.5 seconds before you got down to the video itself. I think that would bring YouTube up to modern web standards nicely.

Yes there are giant corporations that actually treat their customers well and respect their privacy.

A few of them are:

• Apple - Apple actually treats us consumers quite well for the most part, they don't invade our privacy and sell it without permission (you literally have to opt in) and they don't store your data on nearly everything.
  • BMW - they treat their customers quite well
  • Nintendo - though they aren't a big company (only ~5,200 employees)
  • Meijer - They treat you well, though you need to opt in to share your data (if you want those rewards)
  • Costco - same as Meijer's

Some companies that are bad with customers and privacy are:

• Microsoft
  • Sony
  • Comcast
  • Google/Alphabet
  • Target
  • Walmart
  • Kmart/Sears

New Threads

Top Bottom