• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Full psych evaluation results.

Minion

I got my full psych evaluation test results back. They said I no longer meet criteria for Nonverbal Learning Disorder, but still meet criteria for a learning disability in math.

As far as the diagnosis, she said I did meet some criteria for autism, but not a few, and because I met criteria for a psychotic disorder I couldn't be diagnosed with autism.

I was instead diagnosed with Schizoaffective disorder: Bipolar type: Mood in remission, psychosis present. She said my scattered thinking, lack of interest in things, lack of social skills and not being able to read faces and tell what sayings are all point to SZA. And that my cognitive patterns are consistent in what you see with SZA as well.

She's going to send the report off to my case manager for college, and she recommended the Community Service for Schizophrenia at our local psych hospital, as well as a speech language pathologist to help me organize my thoughts and get them out of my head when speaking and writing more easily.

So overall, nothing really changed. I just have a legitimate psychological full testing to prove I am SZA. With apparent "traits of autism"

Well, at least you now have terms to officially associate with your issues.That's a start.

I would be getting a second opinion- especially if they want to start using antipsychotic medication. Psychosis is visual/auditory hallucinations and delusions. You have not described these phenomena. Have they measured your IQ? Have you used weed?

I have hallucinations and delusions. Mostly a cat I named Bob when I was a little. And another cat named Sig, a shadow named Stan, the shadows, the bugs, and the guinea pigs Wilber and Wilfred. I also think people are reading my mind or are after me, that I can fly, that my meds have cameras in them.

I'm not sure they measured my IQ, but they did the psychological educational testing. And no, I have never smoked weed before. Ever.

Last edited:
Information can be useful. We aren't different once labelled (than from before the label) but if it helps you manage it and get the best educational and life plan strategy (and any needed treatment, of course), that can be good.

Yes, your Dx of some conditions would rule out an AS/ASD Dx under the ICD-10/DSM-4 as I understand it. Not sure about the new DMS-5, but asperger's isn't even on that one.

Ultimately, if you are having hallucinations as described, then I think they got it right (or reasonably close thereto) - not that they need my approval (their the professionals). So, taking the medication makes sense in your case. I wouldn't be discouraged by it at all. You're on a positive path now.

I think in the DSM 5, it is possible to have ASD and a Schizophrenia/psychotic spectrum disorder. But this psychologist used the DSM IV, so that might be why. I've been taking antipsychotics since age 16, when I first learned not everyone was seeing and hearing the things I was. I get discouraged, because I hate my meds. I take Saphris, the only med that works (I've been on 11 antipsychotics) and it's sublingual (melts under your tongue) It tastes terrible! Talk about a way to make you not want to be med compliant!

New Threads

Top Bottom