• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fosamax

Meowser18

I have early osteoporosis and my doctor prescribed the above med to rebuild bone. The trial has been awful. The side effects are constant and debilitating. It’s affected my depression and ability to function effectively. My anxiety is spiking again and I just want to curl up in a ball. I’m going to talk to my doctor on Monday and tell him I can’t take the stuff. It’s caused quite a setback just when I was finally figuring things out with my therapist. I guess what I want to know has anyone else had this kind of experience and what did it do to your experience of asd1. Also been confirmed to have adhd by psychiatrist but and really hesitant to start another med.

My mom had problems with fosamax, but in the long term. Ask for alternative medications. People react very differently to drugs so you will need to test other medications

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am going to confer with my doctor on Monday. I may just decide to maintain where I am thru natural means. I don’t need to sacrifice the progress I’ve made for this.

I'm no expert on this condition, and it's likely your doctor already explored this, but it doesn't hurt for me to ask: are your vitamin D levels okay?

Last edited:
Thank you for your prompt reply. I am going to confer with my doctor on Monday. I may just decide to maintain where I am thru natural means. I don’t need to sacrifice the progress I’ve made for this.
Talk to your doctor but also take into account that falls and broken bones are also a big problem.

There are several alternative medications that could work for you, so give them a try. I think there is a weekly injection too.

I just remembered that calcium is another major factor in bone health.
Yes my doctor wants me to get 1200 a day of calcium. Still working up to that. I have never been very vocal about my feelings but my therapist wants me to try so I’ve written out my questions and observations for my doctor cause if I don’t I’ll just end up masking how I really feel. If I’m going to share with anyone it should be him I think. He needs all the facts.

I don't know how old you are but osteoporosis can be crippling. There are a few bones that if you break them, it can kill you. If you are having severe reactions to the Fosamax, there are other options. I don't know if they are as effective.

I actually found a calcium/D gummy. Will try to post the name tomorrow. Also, l lift weights at the gym because my body type tends to suffer from osteoporosis. l am petite frame of body, with thin arms and legs so l have done weight machines my entire life. Can you start with maybe with a light kettlebell exercise? Do you walk regularly?

New Threads

Top Bottom