• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fidgit spinners. / Wing nuts

Bender5

V.I.P Member
There seems to be a current craze for the spinners. They don't do much for me but I remember and am often reminded that when I was 3 to 5 years old (late 1950s) I was constantly dissembling everything. My favorite was the chrome tubular kitchen furniture that was so popular of that era. The tables and chairs were all put together by machine screws and wing bolts. My mom was baffled that the nuts were always coming loose. After months of this mystery I was caught red handed, gleefully under the tables spinning those nuts loose. I was famous for taking everything apart, my excuse was that I was curious about how so many things worked. Back then I could not reasemble the stuff I took apart. My dad would scream " distruction, distruction, dis-gd- struction." Fast forward a few years and I became quite sucessful servicing and repairing all types of stuff. I excelled in Bio/Mechanical equipment.

I love wingnuts! I'm always excited to assemble furniture with those included. I remember taking apart certain pieces of furniture as well (though I was able to put them back together ;) ). In the 80's we had this foot stool that had wheels. That thing was ALWAYS turned upside while a spun the wheels repeatedly, or removed the wheels entirely and assembled it back together again.

I've always been able to disassemble, clean and re-assemble without any extra parts. My first adventure was a 1956 Ford pickup, then a string of 65 Mustangs and 69 Camaros.

I have a cool batman fidget spinner my friend got me for my birthday. I played with it the first day... now I don't even know where it is. It's either in the car or somewhere in my room.

Wing nuts are fun but spinners not so. I also had a habit of disassembling anything I could find without being able to reassemble and I still cant do it HAHAHAHA but my husband can and made his engineering career with BAE Systems out of disassembling and reassembling, sometimes in a better way than it was to start with!! I have a lot of admiration for people who can do that.

To answer your main thread.

I saw these fidgit spinners and wondered what on earth they were and, here in France, every shop we go in, there they are and they interested my husband ( neither of us knew what they were). He finally got one, due to the ridiculous low price. I had looked them up and discovered that they were for autistic people and so, tried one out and thought: I would break that in an instance, with one of my meltdowns and in truth, bored with just the swirling motion. I did, however, find comfort in the feel of the button in the middle. Anyway, in a box, ready to go to Emmaus.

My husband who is an NT, used to destroy flowers and as a grown man, is passionate with tending flowers. His life is the garden.

Fidgets are lets say boring... I'm with Bender and Keigan... I want to tear stuff down, and make it better than it was... Sometimes it works and I surprise myself, sometimes it an epic fail. It is what it is.

Yeah I kind of freak people out. I'm the guy who goes out buys a new car pulls the motor out to re-cam it, change the heads, and stuff like that...

Yes, I know it voided the warranty, yes I know its sounds insane, but I knew what I wanted from the car, it worked, I was happy, now I'm bored with it... yeah that scares me too.

But I'm not gonna hang out all day... or an hour with a fidget... Maybe I should!!!

seems like everybody here finds them boring. I've got a fidget spinner too and yeah, it's boring. Also, it irritates me to see it turn only in one direction. I have this very slight feeling that it *should* go in the other direction as well but you know, physics don't allow that. This is probably due to my OCD.

New Threads

Top Bottom