• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Feeling Confused

peoplesrjames

I've written about my roommate and our semi-abusive relationship. Well, over the weekend he somehow hacked into my computer and read all of my private messages to friends. Of course there was conversation about him and how he's been treating me. Needless to say, he was ANGRY with me. But I feel I should be angry, he went through my stuff. I can't tell if I'm right or wrong, but I know something isn't right. I should be able to have private conversations with my friends without fear of being snooped on.

Assert yourself. You've done nothing wrong. He is the one very much in the wrong and he needs to know that he has gone over a line with what he's done. But do yourself a favour and find a different room mate if you can because this doesn't need to be prolonged.

You are totally right to be angry with him, not just for snooping through your stuff but for everything else he's done too.

Leave leave leave!!!

If you can't trust a roommate over your computer, there's not telling of the scope of your privacy he may be violating. Sadly that's a queue to begin to contemplate new living arrangements for your own good.

If you can't trust a roommate over your computer, there's not telling of the scope of your privacy he may be violating. Sadly that's a queue to begin to contemplate new living arrangements for your own good.

I'm just torn up because he really acted as though what I did was the worst thing in the world. Yes, I wasn't saying particularly flattering things about him, but I was talking privately to my friends outside of him.

I'm just torn up because he really acted as though what I did was the worst thing in the world. Yes, I wasn't saying particularly flattering things about him, but I was talking privately to my friends outside of him.

It wasn't the worst thing in the world, by any stretch of the imagination. I believe I remember reading a previous thread that you started about this guy. He is a bully and he is treating you horrendously. Nobody who is truly your friend would treat someone this way. He is in the wrong, and there is no two ways about that, whatever he may say to the contrary.

Sounds more like he's just attempting to deflect who the real perpetrator is. -Him.

This is emotional abuse - you feel torn because he intends for you to feel torn between him and you, and then validate him while dismissing yourself. He wants you to be as defeated as possible - not only by him, but also by your own self! I feel for you :( I think you should make it a top priority to get out of there, because there's a lot of damage he could do that you can't even necessarily prevent/address.

Last edited:
You have done nothing wrong. He is completely in the wrong. If you won't draw the line, none of us can do it for you. Find somewhere else to live.

People of this sort are always looking for someone to control and abuse. They have a craving, a need to have a whipping post around. You cannot change him, or interfere with his continual search for someone to torment. The only thing in your power, is whether or not you going to be that person.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom