• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favourite beer?

Texas is getting into pure all grain, no added syrups or sugars and getting over 20% alcohol. Check this out.
https://byo.com/article/21-alcohol-all-grain-beer/
But I can’t drink something just for more alcohol content. It has to appeal to my taste. Samuel Adams makes a 25% alcohol content for $100 a bottle but I can’t imagine any beer being worth $100. Although
I love some Samuel Adams especially Rocking Chair.

I wonder at 25% what they do to keep the alcohol from overriding the notes in the beer. Seems like it would start tasting like beer with liquor added to it.

I have a lot of sensory issues and taste is 0ne of them....to me, beer taste awful, but my favorite slightly less awful
Tasting beer would be Stella Artois or anything that is less hoppy in flavor.

Please don't everyone come after me with pitchforks.

I have a lot of sensory issues and taste is 0ne of them....to me, beer taste awful, but my favorite slightly less awful

I can’t stand bitter hops, nor dark beer, nor whites, nor wheats, Just crisp ones with a clean finish, light and airy like a clean tasting bock, and even then almost rarely and usually super cold with pizza.

Not at all. Wow...when I think of the very first time I tasted beer- a Coors. Yuck!

Like most alcoholic beverages, I'm inclined to think that they amount to an "acquired taste".

To me, I could never stand Stella. It's a bitter, gassy, harsh-tasting mass-produced lager. If you're American, you're better going something like PBR (not really an enthusiastic endorsement, it's very drinkable but no more than that). In actual fact, I'm surprised many auties would drink if all they had was that.

I love proper lagers that are clean and pleasant to drink. They are nice. I can do without Super Bock but their Stout (actually not a stout but a black lager) is very nice.

Not at all. Wow...when I think of the very first time I tasted beer- a Coors. Yuck!

Like most alcoholic beverages, I'm inclined to think that they amount to an "acquired taste".
They had a lot of bitter beers when I was a teen. It was called Schlitz. I don’t even know if they still make it. I had to hold my nose to drink it. Then Coors came to my area and I could tolerate it better. Then .i decided it was good with pepperoni pizza. But other than that I’m not a super duper beer fan.

I've been there, so I am. If you don't like beer, that's alright. I'm thinking of brewing my own mild when I get out. I love the stuff, and I can't get the result I want most of the time.

It was the first IPA I tried. It tastes of sage and hops. Bitter enough, but, not quite as bitter as I prefer. An excellent beer, I would recommend if you have a taste for herbs.

There are some beers that are so hoppy it's insane. It hurts. No fun.

Are you a Beneluxer? If so, you've got loads of choice.

yes i am, but i'm no expert, so excuse my potential ignorance:
- no good beer has ever come out of the netherlands (unless it is an obscure niche beer)
- luxembourg, dito
- so that leaves belgium :)

i extensively tested and consumed beer at university,
and those three to this day are my favourites :)

You know RateBeer then? If you're Belgian then that should help you mop up anything you've missed. Click Advanced Search and go for beers from Belgium, go by top rated.

New Threads

Top Bottom