• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite School Subjects

OmegaGreen17

So guys, what would you consider your favourite lessons in school/6th form/what you take in Uni OR name a hobby, that is losely based on a subject in a school : )

At school, physics and maths. IT would have been in there if it wasn't so hideously easy.

I loved PE in elementary school because I liked all the fun games but then I hated it as I got older. They take the fun away. I also loved Art and Spanish.

Art, Drama and English in secondary school.

In infant and junior school I like Maths and History.

I would have like IT but it was never what I wanted it to be. We did do some leaflet designing which was kind of 'advertising' which I liked, but then we moved onto other more boring things and it fell out of my favourites.

ICT. It was quite fun. We went to DisneyLand Paris to see what kind of systems they use. it's fairly basic but you have to explain everything in quite a lot of detail to get the full marks..

I find a lot of aspects in ICT boring too tbh. The Office stuff especially. It's also depressing knowing that the methods I learn and the software I used will be obsolete and it'd be useless in a year or so(okay- the software's already obsolete, most of it's actually discontinued). I'm only doing it for an easy A*.
ICT academically sucks. ICT at home wins.
EMZ=]

I prefer 'computing' to ICT. :p They don't start it until A level I believe and I did a BTEC, so never got to pursue that one! :(

I would have like IT but it was never what I wanted it to be. We did do some leaflet designing which was kind of 'advertising' which I liked, but then we moved onto other more boring things and it fell out of my favourites.

What things in ICT would you have liked to have done? In my experience, ICT in school is boring because you just do the generic office type stuff like word processing.

I prefer 'computing' to ICT. :p They don't start it until A level I believe and I did a BTEC, so never got to pursue that one! :(

I'm on a BTEC National Diploma for ICT Practitioners. Next September we're starting Visual Basic programing and website design. I hate doing spreadsheets and databases but  graphics work (Photoshop/MS Publisher) and computer maintenance was fun. Also did some PowerPoint and systems diagnoses. I hope to move on to do HND in graphics design, website development or else multimedia. Photography is also an area I would like to explore more. As you can probably tell, I have a creative side.

In school my favourite subjects were ICT and Art. Technology Design was alright but we didn't make anything useful. Business Studies was useful but a bit boring. Skipped PE in high school a lot due to bullies. Music was fun in high school but I wasn't that good at it. 

I've always been interested in photography... I was going to buy a camera in early Janurary but, well, I couldn't be bothered asking one of the guys in-store on how I buy the camera... LOL...(lack of motivation+anxeity=me probably not getting a decent camera anytime soon).
EMZ=P

@ Emor you can order from the internet you know.  B) Just read a few reviews first then place an order at an online store. I recommend CameraBox if you live in the UK.

Lol, the internet is the socially anxious' mall. My room would probably be empty without ebay or paypal, woo. :p

Hmm. I read and learnt a lot about photoshop and visual basic when I was 9-13. VB kind of frustrated me, since it's a fairly high-level programming language, thus you don't get a great amount of flexability, like you do with C+ or Java etc... so I forgot most of my VB knowledge. Still pretty good at PS though if I need to be. :)

I hated school and i'm happy that is over

But I had one favorite subject and that was math, then i focused on the numbers and forget everything else
I love number and are very good with them

@ Calvert: Thanks :). IDK now if I want to buy one... what... with the whole Apple iPad(loves Apple st00f). LOL.
I should get one 'cause I know in the long-term I'll use it more but meh...
EMZ=]

At school, physics and maths. IT would have been in there if it wasn't so hideously easy.
Completely agree...
... although, Physics A-level kind of sucks. They've taken all the maths out of it to make it "accessible". :thumbsdown:

I loved IT and Music. PE was good until we had to do compulsory dancing (We had to pick partners -.-)

New Threads

Top Bottom