• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite School Subjects

Weirdly, my favorite subjects were US History, English, and music. I say weirdly because number one, that seems like a very strange pairing, and number two, because even though I enjoyed the subjects, my grades (with a few exceptions) were never anything to brag about. Except in English...when we'd do dictation sentences, my teachers would always write little notes like, "I always enjoy your sentences, Robert." :) And I was always good at spelling, too. :D

I would say that Art was my favorite subject in school and computer class :D We mostly goofed off in computer class and surfed the internet the whole time, except when we did a brief assignment that was sort of pointless :/

In art, (every single one I've ever been in from different schools) my doodles seem to have gotten a praise or two from the teacher :p So I guess I was always the art teacher's favorite student ....

Writing and art. :D
And for a while I did some digital tech (basic animation and video game programming) which I really liked. :grinning:

Mine was always art, writing, and math. Never cared for science that much. Maybe when we would dissect and do experiments in class, but other than that it was boring. I did really like oceanology though.

I liked gym class. It was like a break from all the other stuff. And I was athletic so it fit me well. We had a class called natural science class, it was mostly about nature. That was fun.

Theater, because it was my homeroom teacher, he had me take attendance for homeroom , and he gave me a short role where l made the entire audience laugh. I had to ask why people laughed in theater class. In Jr high, they gave us cameras, and we had to do a short film. Commercial Art class was fun. In high school, we had a native speaker from France, so French class was very nice.

I like learning languages. I took both Spanish and German in secondary/high school which I really enjoyed. I probably would've taken on a third language if I could.

I liked music, just because I could play the keyboard, although I found that music classes weren't as simple as that.

I liked art because it was the only subject I was just about good at, although I did get an F on one of my art projects for being too creative. Don't ask.

I liked English because I was good at writing and spelling, but I started to find English classes boring when we done nothing but Shakespeare.

I liked textiles and I wish I had taken that for a GCSE.

Honostly, I hated school. I enjoy history, but very specific periods like early early history, romans, greeks etc. Sadly that was only given about half a year out of my 5 years (the Netherlands has 3 different lengths based on your level. 4 5 and 6 years) So I did not enjoy the rest as it was about world war 1 and 2 mostly.
English and Math were alright since they were easy.
But overall I cannot say I ever enjoyed my time at school except for some tiny moments that lasted an hour at a time at most.

Honostly, I hated school. I enjoy history, but very specific periods like early early history, romans, greeks etc. Sadly that was only given about half a year out of my 5 years (the Netherlands has 3 different lengths based on your level. 4 5 and 6 years) So I did not enjoy the rest as it was about world war 1 and 2 mostly.
English and Math were alright since they were easy.
But overall I cannot say I ever enjoyed my time at school except for some tiny moments that lasted an hour at a time at most.
It was the other way around for me. In history we just learned about the magna carta and kings and queens from like 1000 years ago, which I found boring.
I wish we had learnt more about WW1 and WW2, and other interesting things like the black plague and how life was in the Victorian era.

New Threads

Top Bottom