• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite clothing brands

I don't really have any favorite brands, but I do have a few stores I lean towards.

I often like to dig around secondhand stores but that's usually hit and miss. More often than not, I end up just picking up something that struck me as spontaneously awesome- but that can be from anywhere, rarely am I ever brand loyal to anything.

But there are some places I like more than others. And of course, now they'll change again. :p

If I had more money I'd really love Anthropologie, but I found it too expensive unless you catch a good sale. So I opt for it's sister chain, Urban Outfitters more often than not. I like to avoid malls where I can because I feel uncomfortable in the crowds, so most of what I get ends up in offbeat places or online.

But overall, I won't lie, I really love shopping when I can. It sounds really shallow, but I am really sensitive to visuals, so I like walking around and looking at different things- from an 'its new" perspective and an "appreciation for design" perspective. So if I'm somewhere shopping that's unusual enough, I don't notice the crowds or stress of it because I'm distracted with interesting visuals.

But here's some pictures of when I googled-searched my favorite brands and stores, to give an idea:

View attachment 1331View attachment 1332
1114916_100_0314.jpg

I like Cotton On Clothing. As its title says, it's a shop that sells clothes made out of cotton, and for the most part, they're pretty funky and comfortable.

I like Levi jeans.

Aside from that, I don't really have much of a preference. The majority of my shirts are either band tour shirts or souvenir shirts from overseas trips. Usually I just buy whatever's cheap and good-looking. Sometimes I'll go through second-hand stores too and I've picked up some gems. Once I picked up a blue velvet jacket, and another time I picked up a psychedelic shirt.

I do not wear many name brands, at least intentionally.

My clothes are a mix of baggy, hoodies, cool/weird t-shirts, and I absolutely love argyle socks (or argyle anything for that matter).

I do have serious preferences for sneakers, though: Adidas or Converse, only.

I own these and they are my favorites...

Grey pinstriped Converse
View attachment 1344

Adidas Vulcan SuperSkate
View attachment 1345

Well, Vans, adidas, Brixton and Converses are all cool. I like them all, but I like some other brands better.

Some brands whose clothes I often like are:

American Eagle Outfitters
Gap
Old Navy
Ralph Lauren

These days I buy most of my clothes at used clothing stores and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Many of the clothes I get at used clothing stores have never even been worn before (you can tell they're new when they still have a tag on them) so they really are new. But even if they were worn it doesn't really bother me since it means they'll be pre-shrunk so I won't have to worry about them shrinking after I wash them.

You tend to have to hunt around a lot at a used clothing store before finding "treasures", but it's well worth it. Most tops are like $5-$10 and the jeans are about $5-$15 so you can get tons of stuff for even $100. However, there are good used clothing stores and then there are **** ones. If you live in Canada, I suggest that you check out Value Village. There are probably other good used clothing stores here, but that's the only good one I've been to.

I'm starting to pay more attention to fabrics than to brands. I hope to get quite a few wool clothes, especially wool socks, to keep me warm during extremely cold Canadian winters.

Last edited:
Indeed, Aillas. I only wear jeans from used clothing stores. They're more comfortable than other jeans I bought.

These days I buy most of my clothes at used clothing stores and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Many of the clothes I get at used clothing stores have never even been worn before (you can tell they're new when they still have a tag on them) so they really are new.

You tend to have to hunt around a lot at a used clothing store before finding "treasures", but it's well worth it.

I'm starting to pay more attention to fabrics than to brands.

I'm the same way. I love the "hunt" of secondhand clothes and you always find interesting things or at least awesome deals. My last one in the U.S. was an unused, cashmere sweater for about $3. I don't think it's anything negative, strangely enough they're usually the clothes that I get most compliments...possibly because no one else has them. You also start to get a good eye for quality and fit as opposed to label, I do agree with that also.

Better yet- if you're handy with a sewing machine, it's a cheap way to get clothes to modify and tailor. Or, just use the fabric for something. I used to do that, but ended up getting lazy. But maybe I'll start again....

I don't really have favorite brands in general. But I have (just at the moment is a small exception) sworn with only wearing Nike Air Max Classics as they're comfy and tend to last me longer than 6 months. Yeah... 6 months. I usually last 4 months through a set of army combat boots.

I do like a lot of the boots New Rock makes, but my feet are rather... wide/broad... if that's the correct term, so I have kind of a problem finding ones that I like and that don't hurt. I can't wear anything with steel toe's because of it, unless I have extra wide ones... but I don't really like those. Makes my feet look even bigger. Granted, New Rock makes my feet look kinda clunky...but clunky and overly large is still a difference I guess... also, it kinda depends on the pants I wear with it, how it looks.
View attachment 1457

I do like the Star Wars line from Marc Ecko... I have 2 hoodies from that line (I wear hoodies a lot), but they're quite expensive, but the small detailing on it, is pretty awesome. For instance, one with Stormtroopers on it, has a single, button-ish embelishment, that's a stormtrooperhelmet... it looks rather random, but I like it.
View attachment 1458

As for pants, I never wear jeans, I don't like em so I usually go so some army surplus and get some black combatpants, sometimes a camo one. Same goes for coats... I buy em there, might throw in a bit of dye and give em another color, or just do something odd with them. But back to pants... I do have some more baggy pants, they mix a lot better with the shoes I mentioned earlier. If I need shorts, I'll buy normal pants, cut and sew them to a decent length... that's cheaper than buying shorts in the summer. Luckily I know how to sew a bit... though I rarely do it, unless I have really good reasons to.

I used to be more into brands a year or 2 ago... not that I wanted to walk around like a billboard, but I enjoyed shopping for clothing a lot. But that was back when I was dating some girl. It was really funny, to the point where I'd spend more time getting dressed than her... in the end I told her what to buy and what to mix&match, to which her friends where like "OMG! that's so awesome!"... that was pretty funny.

I did think about making my own clothing for a while, but I went with way to elaborate designs including transparent plastics, electronics & glass... and I refer to what I said earlier... I only sew if I think I need to, and making stuff I can't really wear for most of the time, except for clubbing or anything seems rather pointless. And even more so if I can't go clubbing because there's nothing going on at the moment.

But yeah... brands in general... well, I like some, but I rarely buy from those because they're expensive. But then again, it's usually clothing that lasts a bit longer. I rarely understood designer boxers or socks though.

I am looking for pro Club t-shirts. They should be my top favourite brand of tees if I ever try them on.

Last edited:
I do not wear many name brands, at least intentionally.

I do have serious preferences for sneakers, though: Adidas or Converse, only.

Well, adidas and Converse are the most popular sneaker brands in Singapore. From hearsay, Nike Singapore earns the most 'cut' of their footwear revenues from Converse, much more than Nike itself.

I suppose in tropical Singapore, where there are only summers, adidas and converse are always cool. Nike's speciality is in basketball or training shoes. Air Max and Air Forces are only for a select group of people who are into a certain style, though the coolest of us all wear 'em.

Meanwhile, my new favourite clothing brand should be Dickies, Quiksilver and DC

I like Cotton On Clothing. As its title says, it's a shop that sells clothes made out of cotton, and for the most part, they're pretty funky and comfortable.

I like Levi jeans.

Aside from that, I don't really have much of a preference.

Cotton On and Levi's are available in my local mall :D

Ya man, I despise the idea of walmart (strangling the small business of America) but then again, I see absolutly no reason to spend more then $15 on any clothing at all

This is the beauty of Wal-Mart. It grows so much in size and scale so that it can offer greater discounts on almost all the things in the world - and then make money out of that possible discount that they, fortunately, hadn't given out.

I think Wal-Mart works well outside the big urban cities. Twenty miles out of my home city, regardless how high people's salaries are, people prefer to shop in big box shops similar to Wal-Mart.

Coincidentally, the nearest Wal-Mart from Ground Zero is 21 miles away, on the New York side. But there is indeed a Wal-Mart in New Jersey, oh, that's 9 miles from Ground Zero.

Why spend more than $25 when you, or me, just wear for protective purposes and not for others - like we do in big cities?

so im torn between my two principles. cheap, rugged, durable clothing or supporting the monopoly that walmart has on business growth in america. haha a terrible choice. i just cant win

I think outside the big cities, I just have one principle:

Cheap, rugged, durable clothing.

It's ok... I always say to friends, supporting sweatshops do actually improve workers' standard of living because of their opportunity cost of working in the sweatshops, that is, a more uncertain future growing crops like cabbage or sugarcane. Similarly, what is the replacement for Wal-Mart currently? practically none. if there is, small clothing stores which pay more for the same clothes.

It's ok... we all can't win.

Eh. That still doesnt help my guilty consciounce haha simply put, i hate big business. but theyre the best to buy at

New Threads

Top Bottom