• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Facebook comment out of the blue .

Alan tm

This is a post that got linked to my page by someone that I only know from past work I've done .

He put .....
Description:- quiet, socially awkward, billy no mates, wears oversize dress shirts, avoids people, a complete genius and a computer nerd..
Is this the description of a gunman or * my name *

I think this maybe a common thought that aspie types get labelled with by other people?

It's not exactly flattering

Just another reason to keep your autism on a "need-to-know" basis only. Mass-murderer Adam Lanza didn't do us any favors.

Unless of course you're dependent on entitlements, subsidies, etc.. Even then, it's not something to be casual about whether with friends, coworkers or strangers.

Oops Alan, me being "secretive" again. ;)

I make it a nobody needs to know .
I get a few things commented on But I'm Generally thought of as just quirky .

A few comments are a bit of a slap in the face

This is a post that got linked to my page by someone that I only know from past work I've done .

He put .....
Description:- quiet, socially awkward, billy no mates, wears oversize dress shirts, avoids people, a complete genius and a computer nerd..
Is this the description of a gunman or * my name *

I think this maybe a common thought that aspie types get labelled with by other people?

It's not exactly flattering

That would be very awkward for him if it was the former.
I wonder what exactly he brings to the world, what the point of him is.
I'd ask you to link me his page but I doubt that's allowed here.

Don't let his words get to you. Whatever his intention was. I've had my share of the same.

Last edited:
People are so thoughtless and inconsiderate... That would piss me off. Its one of the reasons I don't do Facebook.

Can you delete his post since it's on your page? I know on my FB page, I have control to delete any post or "tagged" or any comment - that's what I would do - DELETE IT and then UNFRIEND HIM so he can't keep harassing you.

That's hurtful. What's the point of doing that? What is that person trying to achieve, there?

I guess my first reaction would be to link a nice proctology picture and ask if it's an accurate portrait of an asshole or whatever the person's name is, BUT that wouldn't exactly be constructive, and other members have made better recommendations than my petty one ;)
But that person must have a very sad and bitter life if they need to post things like that for entertainment or conversation. I wouldn't want to be that kind of person.

I would, however, report it to facebook. And make a screen capture before it's removed, just in case there's further harassment. One is never too careful with social media...
After reporting it, I think I would also block that person, but it would be nice if other people who use facebook more than I do could chime in, and say if that's a good idea or one that's likely to make things worse.

He’s quite a strange person.

I can put up with bizarre comments. The list was a bit odd .

It’s like the time I ran into a girl a year after she met me , she said good bye and asked if I was going to give her “ one of your none commitment hugs “

This was a year later . People seem to remember this stuff

New Threads

Top Bottom