• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Excellent short video on meltdowns (not one of mine ;) )

I never thought of validating a person's emotional state as "speak[ing] autistic" or being blunt, it's very interesting to view it that way.....

TY. Having two Aspies in the house, we pretty much figured this out already, but it would have been so helpful to have had decades ago. Back then there were no resources to research, so no one had any way to understand what was going on or what to do. I'm so glad you are making and sharing these videos. I wish more people would watch, but at least the information is available for all to see in a useable accessible form.

Video has become a great way of conveying information in an accessible way. It may not be as popular with those of us who are middle aged or older, but it's very popular amongst younger generations. I discovered how useful YouTube and Vimeo were about five years ago when I found video tutorials for something I was learning about at the time, and it's been an invaluable tool and source of entertainment since.

Difficult for me to watch because of the various special effects and editing techniques (flickering/static in screen), distracting background music and the fact that she is waving her arms all the time - I turn off the sound and read, then the flickering and arm waving bug me and I can't read fast enough to keep up. Then I try not looking, and the music is too lively and distracting. Other than that, what she says makes sense to me.

Last edited:
Video has become a great way of conveying information in an accessible way. It may not be as popular with those of us who are middle aged or older, but it's very popular amongst younger generations. I discovered how useful YouTube and Vimeo were about five years ago when I found video tutorials for something I was learning about at the time, and it's been an invaluable tool and source of entertainment since.

I do find videos useful, but many are difficult for me to watch because of the special effects or because they speak way too fast, I prefer to read and/or to look at illustrations/pictures to gain information, then I can go at my pace.

New Threads

Top Bottom