• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Everyone's Pet is my Temporary Therapy Animal

NateSean

Since meeting my fiance almost a year ago, I've met a lot of his cousins and extended family. Nearly every single one of them has a dog and whenever I find myself overwhelmed by trying to make conversation with people I barely met, said dog becomes my instant therapy animal.

One of his cousins has two small dogs. One of them I think is a pug of some sort (scrunched face) and the other was similar in size but reminded me of a miniature Lassie, and I basically just sat in the grass with one dog in my lap and the other at my side getting his head scratched.

Is anyone else like this?

Yep. Same here.

Well, these days I dont go to family events or any of that nonsense, but as a kid I didnt have a choice. And I'd end up just sitting with the local animal the whole time, because heck with everyone else.

And if a party happens at my place (I live with family) I'll be in the basement with the dogs, simple as that.

Sure. I've always bonded with all the dogs my cousin has adopted over the years. :)

I can be quite gregarious with animals. Humans? Not so much. :oops:

Last edited:
We have five Chihuahuas and they are absolutely part of our family. All of our kids have left home and have kids of their own, so they are our babies now. We couldn't do without them.

I just love the title of this thread! I think it belongs on a t-shirt.

I love animals, but I'm mildly allergic to dogs and cats. So wherever I go, I pets the dogs and cats, then wash my hands before I touch my face.

LOL! The most beautiful and sexually available women in the world could be fawning over me and I'd be ignoring her and fawning over her dog. Wife even says so.

Last edited:
Maybe not dogs until I get to know them as I would be nervous of some dogs, but definitely cats. And dogs if they seem amenable, I take my cue from the cat or dog, are they up for enabling me to avoid the social whirl or are they busy with something? Mostly cats seem to bond with me, in their tolerant yet distant way.

Cats, yeah. I did attach to a pooch once. Same situation. Kinda of like that show about the guy in dog suit? What was the name?

This is my sister's cat, cloud.
2020-05-08.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom