• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ever been a moderator in other forums?

I'm currently only a moderator on one forum(in terms of active forums).
I don't really go on it as much as I did though. Probably once a day if that. It doesn't need that much moderating.
I've been on strike from deleting and banning spam bots 'cause the Administrators rarely go on every year and won't change the forum software to stop them joining :/. We thought they'd go on last Christmas but nope :/.
EMZ=]

I know the CBA feeling. I've been working on my own website/forum now for a few years. Most of that has been research and trying out different software and stuff. I suppose i'm a perfectionist and what it to be perfect before I launch it. For the last while  haven't done anything with it and was in a dilemma about the software. I was going to upgrade it to vBulletin 4 but it turns out that would mean more cons than pros.

With regards to Apsergic, I feel i'm not as active as I used to be. IDK we have like 300 members but only a handful are actually active... no offense.

i would have been a lot more active over the past few days at least but my pc has decided to die, and my netbook decided to be a twat, pc is still hanging by a thread netbooks okay for the time being, got a 3g dongle aswell, so ill be on when im on the way to chester tonight

With regards to Apsergic, I feel i'm not as active as I used to be. IDK we have like 300 members but only a handful are actually active... no offense.

Yeah I know, it kind of sucks. Oh well, hopefully things will pick up.

That's how it works sometimes. As long as you have a handful of solid posters and some method of promotion, the rest will come in time. In the meantime i am enjoying the quiet atmosphere here, I am sure it wont be long before this place is a mad house like everywhere else. :p

Aye, there's something to be said for being able to keep up and read all the discussions, rather than being flooded/overwhelmed. :)

I hate forums that have a huge amount of members. It's like you post something and then the next day you can't find it. At least here everyone can keep up with all of the discussion taking place.

Yeah, I sort of prefer the way it is here as opposed to other forums.
WP's main attraction is the root of all its flaws tbh.
EMZ=]

What's WP's main attraction? Lol. I don't understand why people like it/prefer it over others... It's an ugly forum to look at imo and all I hear are bad things about the mods lol.

It's amount of members.
That's the only thing going for it, but most likely why it's so crap.
EMZ=]

I decided not to join WP because the forum was not easy on the eyes and it seemed to be wrought with idiots and general rudeness. I preferred more structure. I don't understand why it is so popular and agree with Emor's assessment regarding its "main attraction" being the root of all its problems.

i like aspergic, its nice and simple to use and we have nice people here, but i cant compare to any other forum as i have not been a member of any other, other than this

Weird how I've mentioned that, then again, that's what one of the former mods told me on another site.
Lol, didn't know you knew that.
When I told Quatermass that(in addition to a lot of other stuff) he banned me, rofl.
And then he posted back saying, 'the mods shall prevail! We shall win!' and **** and it was like, well yeah you idiot when you just ban everyone. It's hardly winning. It's just the ability to click a button. Get over yourself :/.
EMZ=]

I've been putting off joining that forum for too long.
Not sure if I actually joined or not. LOL.
EMZ=]

Lol, didn't know you knew that.
When I told Quatermass that(in addition to a lot of other stuff) he banned me, rofl.
And then he posted back saying, 'the mods shall prevail! We shall win!' and **** and it was like, well yeah you idiot when you just ban everyone. It's hardly winning. It's just the ability to click a button. Get over yourself :/.
EMZ=]
That's just pretty ridiculous to ban someone over that, I have to say... yet I happened to have lol'ed at it. :lol:

Only mod/admin rights I've had over the years was on a PvP server in Neverwinter Nights many years ago, I got the title Torturer and had to torture players that didn't behave ';..;' which was rather fun.

The server died after a few weeks and I never really bothered about it too much. I normally just enjoy being a user, full of suggestions and stuff. Which tends to annoy some admins and inspire others :)

I do think I would make a good mod tho, as I'm strictly fair and see no point in favorizing anyone. But I really do not want to, as I know like someone else mentioned in this thread that it is too much work. Which can be really stressful.

Only mod/admin rights I've had over the years was on a PvP server in Neverwinter Nights many years ago, I got the title Torturer and had to torture players that didn't behave ';..;' which was rather fun.

Oh how very sadist. :p That must have been nice. Have a crap day at school/work/etc and come home and full-on torture people. :lol:

New Threads

Top Bottom