• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Enjoy-Didn't Have

Dirtdigger

V.I.P Member
Which symptom of Autism do you enjoy the most and which symptom do you wish you didn't have? Name just one for each of the extremes but no details as I know some of our symptoms are very personal to us.

The symptom that I enjoy the most are my obsessions and the symptom I wish I didn't have is Sensory Processing Disorder.

Enjoy - incredible ability to focus on any task I choose to focus on.

Dislike - lack of a verbal filter.

I enjoy my ability to hyper focus and dislike the fact that my anxiety skyrockets all the time.

Enjoy: Ability to intensely focus.

Dislike: Lack of facial recognition and difficulty with remembering names.

The symptom that I enjoy the most are my obsessions and the symptom I wish I didn't have is Sensory Processing Disorder.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Well, except -- I refuse to think of my special interests as a symptom. XD

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Well, except -- I refuse to think of my special interests as a symptom. XD

Did I say special interests which even NTs have also? I said obsessions and in some cases affects those with Autism. But in my case I happen to enjoy though they do interfere with my social life.

Enjoy - Nothing
Didn't have - Everything

To me, there isn't a single, solitary advantage to having this Asperger's, or whatever it is. I'd cut off my right arm just to be a normal member of society, with normal family and friends. It's pretty much all I ever wanted.

New Threads

Top Bottom