• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

English Supermarket Sweep host Dale Winton dead at 62

Link.

RIP.

Apparently he came out as a gay aged 47, there's nothing wrong with that of course.

I used to love watching "Supermarket Sweep" as a kid on Yorkshire Television (now ITV) during the week before CITV came on - good times.
R.I.P Dale, you will be missed. :(

Last edited:
Random fact: the one year Dale hosted the show to select the UK's Eurovision Song Contest entry was the last time the UK won (Katrina & the Waves, Love Shine a Light).

Random fact: the one year Dale hosted the show to select the UK's Eurovision Song Contest entry was the last time the UK won (Katrina & the Waves, Love Shine a Light).

Yeah 21 years ago, this year's event is coming up next month, not heard our entry yet but with Brexit looming I doubt the rest of Europe will vote for us anyway.

Yeah 21 years ago, this year's event is coming up next month, not heard our entry yet but with Brexit looming I doubt the rest of Europe will vote for us anyway.
On a point of information, the Eurovision Song Contest is run by the European Broadcasting Union which is completely separate from the EU.

"The next time you're at the checkout counter and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you can have on SUPERMARKET SWEEP!"

RIP Dale Winton (1955-2018).

How about this for a great send-off ... Dale Winton was given a humanist (i.e. non-religious) funeral and his eulogy has been preserved in the Humanist Funeral Tribute Archive. You can read it here :hearteyes:

Humanists UK’s Chief Executive Andrew Copson commented, ‘We are delighted that through the new Funeral Tribute Archive we were able to help fulfil one of Dale Winton’s last wishes – that as many people as possible would be able to attend his funeral.’
Source: Humanists UK

New Threads

Top Bottom