• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dressing up for interviews

Many simply do not understand the sense in fashion (if there is one) and want clothes to be logical and functional.

My usual attire is t-shirt or short sleeve button down shirt and Carhartt work pants, all in basic subdued colors. Functional, logical.

But it is also functional and logical to dress well for an interview, or a night out (though I rarely do that anymore).

I hate shirts they tend to feel like they are chocking me thus in my private time I am shirtless.

I can't sleep with a shirt on.

If you're not sure if a job requires dress suit or not, and you know that it may or may not, you can certainly ask the employer or maybe others who work there if you know them, before you go to the interview. It may seem embarrassing to ask that question, but many will look at that as trying to come in prepared, and you will fair off better than just simply coming in not dressed right at all.

For most jobs in general, it is better to dress up, and if you have to ask that type of question in a circumstance that might be considered "common sense", it could end up being a killer for that job spot for you automatically.

I'm still curious about what's an 'appropriate' outfit for a female interviewee to wear - the lines are even more confusing (and the logic behind it makes no sense)! What would you guys suggest? The thought of wearing anything with buttons on, or in slimy-feeling synthetic materials makes my skin crawl, or any kind of skirt or shirt that would feel restrictive. Also I'm very tall with a large chest, so what would be 'modest' on most is very short/revealing on me.

I dress well and put some effort into dressing nicely most days, but probably not what most employers would appreciate. Mostly soft, loose stretchy tops and t-shirts, soft stretchy high waisted jeans, soft knits and flat leather boots.

I'm still curious about what's an 'appropriate' outfit for a female interviewee to wear - the lines are even more confusing (and the logic behind it makes no sense)! What would you guys suggest? The thought of wearing anything with buttons on, or in slimy-feeling synthetic materials makes my skin crawl, or any kind of skirt or shirt that would feel restrictive. Also I'm very tall with a large chest, so what would be 'modest' on most is very short/revealing on me.

I dress well and put some effort into dressing nicely most days, but probably not what most employers would appreciate. Mostly soft, loose stretchy tops and t-shirts, soft stretchy high waisted jeans, soft knits and flat leather boots.

Perhaps what you should do is go see a tailor or someone who deals with suits.

Problem with getting advice from laymans on this issue is also the issue of style. Many older women still give the advice for example on wearing women's shoulder pads suits and than of course you got the pant suit look which is more recent.

You want to make sure to have a professional style you.

New Threads

Top Bottom