• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Rush Me: Learning Disabilities as Learning Differences

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
For me searching videos on Learning Disabilities today, I consider Don't Rush Me: Learning Disabilities as Learning Differences is the best video I ever watched on this topic. I'm searching for these type of videos as I'm the process making my own YouTube Channel on Learning Disabilities. Hopefully for people with Learning Disabilities find this video as motivating as I did?

Have dsylexia and dyscalcula. Rushing through a subject makes me panic and forget, although there are some things that I learn quickly. Usually they are things that I can do myself, so 'hands on techniques' work best for me.

And she's right in the video, people with 4.0 averages can have learning disabilities, even with my own I still managed to make the dean's list year after year with a full load of academic subjects. I wish I knew her, she seems like someone who would be interesting and fun to hang with:)

I never knew I had learning difficulties til I became a mechanic. I have proprioception problems, conceptual difficulties and a shocking short term memory. I am struggling a bit at work. It is being noticed I am slower at my jobs. I am considered careful, reliable and thorough, but not particularly good. It means I get passed over for the better jobs. I am trying to be ok about it, but it stings. I wish I had known all this when I was a child....

Strangely, I always took on work that suited me, but it meant I never grew or developed. I am supremely challenged by truck work, but I know I am learning new skills.

New Threads

Top Bottom