• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dogs - Sacrificing toys

Keigan

Restless Mind
V.I.P Member
My sister sent us a care package;

Upon opening the box, removing the first dog toy a "duck", setting the duck on the floor - Keigan determined that the "duck" must be sacrificed on the "altar of toys containing squeakers", hence the former "duck" has been sacrificed and the squeaker in question removed and destroyed. Following protocol, the second dog toy will be ignored until the up coming full moon at which time it will be evaluated for sacrifice.

Attachments

• IMG_1503.JPG
    IMG_1503.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
yes many squeaky burgers shoes animals tennis balls have been sacrificed to snoopy red marked beagle next door also pens shoes food containers milk cartons HES a beagle
My sister sent us a care package;

Upon opening the box, removing the first dog toy a "duck", setting the duck on the floor - Keigan determined that the "duck" must be sacrificed on the "alter of toys containing squeakers", hence the former "duck" has been sacrificed and the squeaker in question removed and destroyed. Following protocol, the second dog toy will be ignored until the up coming full moon at which time it will be evaluated for sacrifice.

My friend has one dog who keeps the squeakers in his toys, and another who simply MUST remove and destroy them. He makes Chewbacca noises while trying to get them out of a toy :D

Will Keigan then go on to skin and disembowel his prey (remove material and pull out the stuffing) ?
Or is it purely a remove the squeaker kind of exercise?

Back home, our dog did not sacrifice toys because he only had a few.

However, we put an ice cream pail that would fill with water when it rained so he would have water when outside. He would drink from it for a while, then suddenly destroy it for no particular reason that we could determine.

Update:

This week there have been a minimum of three tennis balls with squeakers, torchured into the elimination of the squeaker. This is not a sacrifice on the "alter of toys containing squeakers" as the tennis ball is more an object, and the torchure occurs at all locations until the tennis ball in question surrenders the squeaker.

Full moon approaches, more to follow as the second dog toy is now suspect and candidate for sacrifice.

My old boy (Dobermann) was trained by me to fixate his prey drive onto tennis balls, in particular the Air Kong with the squeaker.

I don't let him hunt, I live in a heavily populated town so any green space is for public use. And while there are squirrels and rabbits aplenty there are also members of the public milling around. He's 40 kilos and there is an awful lot of him. Being bowled over or mowed down by 40 kilos at a speed of ...?... while in pursuit of prey isn't going to happen - not on my watch so, I got him to chase, catch, kill a tennis ball instead. It's a means of controlling him and it satisfies his innate urge to chase, catch, kill and skin something.
(He skins the tennis ball if left with it)

I have to wonder; and I'd be interested to hear what you think Keigan, if removing that squeaker is to silence the prey? So that it might prevent any unwanted attention from other animals who can hear the prey in distress and come in for the spoils. Which may involve a fight over resources and feeding?

I'm curious as more often than not, the squeaker will be the first thing to go in any of his toys/enrichment activities.
?

Update:

The full moon arrived and is changing into its next phase. The second dog toy was interigated for worthiness towards sacrifice though the timing was not right, for the toy remains.

My old boy (Dobermann) was trained by me to fixate his prey drive onto tennis balls, in particular the Air Kong with the squeaker.

I don't let him hunt, I live in a heavily populated town so any green space is for public use. And while there are squirrels and rabbits aplenty there are also members of the public milling around. He's 40 kilos and there is an awful lot of him. Being bowled over or mowed down by 40 kilos at a speed of ...?... while in pursuit of prey isn't going to happen - not on my watch so, I got him to chase, catch, kill a tennis ball instead. It's a means of controlling him and it satisfies his innate urge to chase, catch, kill and skin something.
(He skins the tennis ball if left with it)

I have to wonder; and I'd be interested to hear what you think Keigan, if removing that squeaker is to silence the prey? So that it might prevent any unwanted attention from other animals who can hear the prey in distress and come in for the spoils. Which may involve a fight over resources and feeding?

I'm curious as more often than not, the squeaker will be the first thing to go in any of his toys/enrichment activities.
?

In the Kong balls the squeaker stays for quite a while, it squeaks and squeaks for days. He has a crab that lasts about a year, red body with squeakers in the claws and legs made of rope, the squeakers are gone though the crab remains. Actually he is sacrificing the crab now, oh, he changed his mind as is after the second dog toy.... now the kong ball... he can't decide.

The squeaker is a sign of life, when the squeaker is no longer making noise then he skins the ball.

I pickup after him..... go dad!

We play ball in the house which is good fun for his senses until the ball goes under the couch, then he stomps his feet until I rescue the ball. I can toss the ball into the upstairs and he can hear it got the floor, then he is off to kill it.

So many toys have been sacrificed since I've gotten my Doberman. She has torn up every plushie dog toy except for the hard rubber rings, the Kong stuff toys and bones that are good for dogs (not the kinds from food). She will shake it silly and then tear it apart with her teeth till she has fluff in her mouth and then squeaker is out in the open.

Come to find out, the toy is actually a Red Lobster.

Attachments

• IMG_1536.JPG
    IMG_1536.JPG
    761.1 KB · Views: 0
So many toys have been sacrificed since I've gotten my Doberman. She has torn up every plushie dog toy except for the hard rubber rings, the Kong stuff toys and bones that are good for dogs (not the kinds from food). She will shake it silly and then tear it apart with her teeth till she has fluff in her mouth and then squeaker is out in the open.

The shaking part comes from back in the day when dogs caught their own meals. I too am the proud companion of a Dobermann. He's ten, coming up for eleven. Quite the gentlemen now he's older. He's my rock at times. :)

IMG_0974.JPG
Latest update, the lobster was sacrificed within a matter of days which is very unnusual, usually the lobster is honor and carrried around for many months. It must have been reprocussions from the solar eclipse.

New Threads

Top Bottom