• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone find advertising to be really stupid?

Yes, my daughter asked me to buy her men's razors because she said they work better and last longer. Who cares what they look like. Smart kid.

I wonder if she did use a men's razor in the girl looker room that the other girls would make fun of her?

Yes, my daughter asked me to buy her men's razors because she said they work better and last longer. Who cares what they look like. Smart kid.
Surprise surprise. Even mens clothes last longer, are better quality, warmer and more practical and cheaper. :cool:

I don't even have tell-lie-vision anymore, and one of the main reason is that I loathe being advertised to. I especially detest the hype-y voices that are often used and the lack of actual, factual information about products.

I notice, that lots of products are actual crap (particularly so-called "food" products) for instance fake butter, as in margarine is a popularly marketed product over here (in Australia) which is not a physically digestible consumable product. Trans fats, as in, polyunsaturates, are not able to be digested.

So many products are thoughly useless, which is why they try to brainwashing people into thinking they "need" them, or their life will be improved.if they purchase them. It's just a form of hypnosis and manipulation and I resent it.

Sometimes ads are very clever and amusing though, and I can appreciate the creativity that goes into them.

I, like many people on the spectrum (I suspect), like honest and factual, useful and requested information, though, and that is something advertising rarely offers, and I DON'T like my nervous system ramped up by someone talking excessively fast, high pitched, too dramatically or very loudly, and that is waaay too common on ads, at least, here, in Au.

One of the key provisions of my outlook on life is related to advertising:

There's no point in having a debate with Ronald McDonald about who has the best hamburgers.

It's amazing how many situations this principle applies to. ;)

One of the key provisions of my outlook on life is related to advertising:

There's no point in having a debate with Ronald McDonald about who has the best hamburgers.

It's amazing how many situations this principle applies to. ;)

By the same principle, "never argue with an idiot, they will always drag you down to their level"

Sometimes I watch old toy commercials from the 80's and earlier on YouTube. Funny how they give me warm nostalgic feelings while modern commercials just make my innards squirm.

New Threads

Top Bottom